A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
139 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: altoid tin pocket shrines  (Read 7370 times)
Tags for this thread: lost , tv_show , altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

the___fragile
« on: June 05, 2006 07:31:20 PM »

completely inspired by the amazing pocket shrines i saw on this board, but completely clueless as to where to find the little book things i put my crazy amount of altoid tins to use. (these are just a few of my crazy shrines) all of the tins were (quite ghetto-dly) paper mached so they could be painted.

for my english teacher who loves italy:
outside, left the newspaper and just colored it with yellow and a goldishbrownish sharpies and blended the colors with my fingers.
inside; nifty little mona lisa (because da vinci was from italy), the leaning tower of pisa, the collesium, a key, and the definition of "vacation"

for my friend:
outside, top cover "cherish" in gold pen
inside, two renissance angels, gold key, gold flower and the definition of "cherish"
outside, bottom- another one of the angels.

for me and my obsession:
LOST shrine, top. newspaper (from an actual lost article), the lost logo, some funky designed paper and binding from a book my dog chewed up.
inside! Locke, Kate, and Claire (pictures from UK promo<3) more funky paper torn and loose binding. on the blank funky paper by Locke i stamped the phrase "all of us are lost" which is from the promo but i dont have a picture of that.
outside, back. thats a gun in the center of the box (a gun that michaels holding actually)

and one that i am so proud of but it makes me so sad:
outside, front. a little sign that says "love". tied down with rope.
inside; the definition of "love". purple flowers. a picture of me and my now ex-boyfriend  Sad  two little bears and the stamped out word "bears" because we called eachother "bears".
outside; back. back of the rope. stamped out date that we started going out. (031005) i dont think i have the heart to put the day he dumped me though.  Undecided
((it's sad because he dumped me in a mean way and he was my first love and we were together for 15 months. i made this around our 1 yr anniversary. so looking at this shrine reminds me of all the good times we had, but also of how he fucked things up and blamed it on me... so its very emotional this little shrine. but i guess thats the point.))

hope you enjoyed. more will be posted soon! promise! i have tons of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.patentpendingsmells.com
"SAVE EACHOTHER, THE WHALES ARE DOING FINE"
In Stores NOW!!
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006 06:43:49 AM »

Very nice!

I get the little book boxes at Michael's. They are in the area with the other paper mache boxes and stuff like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
the___fragile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006 02:06:10 PM »

Very nice!

I get the little book boxes at Michael's. They are in the area with the other paper mache boxes and stuff like that.

awesome! thanks so much for letting me know Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In Stores NOW!!
Alka
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006 02:31:23 PM »

Those are amazing, and I think the last one is especially good, though I'm sorry about the circumstances. Sad
I feel the urge to make a LOST one too...although I wouldn't put Kate in there! She sucks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the___fragile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006 08:36:56 AM »

Those are amazing, and I think the last one is especially good, though I'm sorry about the circumstances. Sad
I feel the urge to make a LOST one too...although I wouldn't put Kate in there! She sucks!!

aww thank you.<3

i dont really like kate, but she looked pretty inthe promo, so its fine.
also, i plan on making more lost shrines with the rest of the characters & pictures from that promo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In Stores NOW!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...