A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cutesy Kitschy Baby-Jumper  (Read 3536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sonjdawg
« on: June 04, 2006 12:20:05 AM »

I decided to make a jumper for my daughter. Which turned out to be a good idea when i was making it but hard when i actually had to put it on her.

Front View, me holding her up

I used felt, Pipe cleaners for straps and accents around the pockets. Pompoms for accents around the pockets, and inside the fake flowers.

Close up of the front pocket

I used popsicle sticks to make a little kitschy house on the back with pompom puffs of smoke coming from the chimney.

A little blurry, sorry... 15 month olds move fast!

There she is trying to run from me

It was so much fun to make. It looked great off her, but when it actually went on she wouldn't hold still enough for it to sit correctly. Oh well. I think it still looks pretty awesome. I am going to fix the little things and get it to the point where she can wear it out. Hope everyone enjoys... thanks.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Joler79
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006 02:59:23 AM »

Wow! thats really good! and the fact you managed to get it on her - it takes 2 to change my 14mth olds nappy - the outfit and the fact she stayed even a lil still both amaze me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah! Aussie crafting mumma!
I <3 personal swaps ( and I promise add Tim Tams!)
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006 05:19:22 AM »

Your little girl is so cute!  I love the combination of prints and fabrics you used!

I decided to make a jumper for my daughter. Which turned out to be a good idea when i was making it but hard when i actually had to put it on her.

I completely understand that one! I measured my potholder skirt over and over but in the end my husband had to sew me into it!  Once I got in it, the skirt fit fine, those loops stretch, but getting in it was a bit tough!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatintheCappello
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006 08:14:51 AM »

I loved your comment on my crazy burning man outfit it made me laugh. Yay for felt! It was the themed packet, right? I looked at that one first and then opted for the green leopard print  because... well actually I don't know why.

The first picture came out great and I love the Baby Destroyer picture also, with the butterfly half hanging on. She's soooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katarina's Closet - Custom Crochet and Craft shop
Krustamillion
Your eyes can be so cruel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006 11:40:14 AM »

I love your idea!  Hopefully you can make it functional so your daughter can go show it off for you!!!
I looove the smoking chimney that's the best part!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Junebug*
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006 10:58:37 AM »

Cheesy hehehe that is awsome !!!!  i love the pocket! and the butterfly is v cute too !and may i say that is one pretty little girl, she is SO cute hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...