A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
154 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Average Booth Costs?  (Read 1803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2004 04:48:29 PM »

A friend and I want to buy a booth at an upcomming craft fair. I know that they cost money, and since I've never done this before, I don't know how much to save up. Can you please share how much you've paid for booths? I'd love it if you could name some high and low costs you've paid. I just want to get a general idea of how much money I'll need, and I'm sure other craftsters would like the information. Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004 08:45:01 PM »

i've paid anywhere between $25 and $250 for a booth at a one-day show. granted the $250 show was a charity benefit sort of thing, but considering i sold around $1500, i'd say it was worth it!  Cool

i don't know where you live, or where the show is that you want to do, but here in california, i've seen booth fees ranging from $125 + 10% of sales to $500 or more (but no % commission). this is in the SF bay area, for whatever that's worth. while i haven't *done* any of these shows, i've done a number of shows in the same area. my favorite show charges just 10% of sales (if i don't sell much, i don't pay much!).

if you have a particular fair in mind, get the application or call whoever's in charge of the booths and ask them what the fee is for that particular event.

good luck!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004 08:09:29 AM »

Thanks for replying,OldQlts. I know how much the booth costs now... $50.00. Since there will be three of us, it won't be too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004 03:38:16 PM »

booths in my area (small town) cost:
farmers market: 30 every week you participate
craft fair (there used to be 2 and the city would help pay, but now the city dropped it, but thats another story...) $90
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
Decorate Now

www.DecorateNowPatterns.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004 04:29:33 AM »

I know you already found out your booth costs, but for comparison, someone I know just spent $400 for their booth at a large festival.   

And my booth costs range from $800 to $2500 for industry expos. 

Make sure your booth is near the front (register early), as otherwise it can take hours at larger festivals for the crowds to reach you--greatly impacting your sales.   Plus, impulse buying tends to slow down after the fair go-er has already spent a certain amount. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...