A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
259 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Organizing my papercraft source materials?  (Read 889 times)
Tags for this thread: storage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

artgeek
« on: May 30, 2006 07:36:15 PM »

Okay, all you wonderful scrapbookers, collagers, decoupagers, etc...

Do you maintain a library of source material? If so, how do you organize it?

I have three drawers of papers (everything from handmade papers to magazine clippings) and have realized tonight that my organization system is broken/sucks/needs to be replaced pronto. I've not had a lot of luck Googling for advice and am hoping some organizational whiz out there has a few good ideas up her sleeve.

There seems to be a lot of materials and supplies out there for organizing scrapbook papers, but my collection is made up of pieces of paper both larger and smaller and often unique bits of ephemera, so just having a set of trays sorted by color doesn't seem like it's going to work. Similarly, I thought of getting one of those hanging file organizers, but just feared all my small clippings would leak out the sides of the hanging files.

Anybody got a better system?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently completed:  a set of Ani Difranco kitchen towels  |   Currently taking up my craft desk:  massive reorganization of my stuff
lucid501
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006 08:16:54 PM »

Not really a system, lol, but I have some of my magazine clippings and such organized by size and put into ziploc bags. Then all the bags are stacked in a rubbermaid storage bin, so nothing will get lost even if a bag opens. You could sort by color, size, theme, etc and just use different bags....I even recently found TWO GALLON ziploc bags--they are huge and would work great for longer things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gildedlilly
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006 01:45:10 PM »

The Container Store is THE answer for all your storage woes!

I'm currently using the big flat shoe boxes- no, not the kind shoes come in, the kind you store shoes in- for my paper stuff. They hold a lot, and are great for storeing larger sheets. Also, there's a sort of file folder thing that's got pleats for sides that work well, too, although those are found at an office supply store. Clear, tabletop sized sets of drawers are good for scraps, with the bonus of being able to see inside, and you can get drawers in "standard" sizes, although I have yet to see those in clear. Another fun thing is stacking trays- you can dig through them easily, and without disturbing the others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer13579
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006 03:38:01 PM »

I have my larger pieces of paper in letter trays, divided by color, smaller pieces go in photo boxes. They came with dividers so the colors are separate. The smallest pieces go in envelopes, which then go into photo or shoe boxes. I have one of those small drawer systems to hold pens/pencils, glue, scissors, and embellishments. Works out OK, except my stash is getting pretty big and I have a lot of trays and boxes, and soon I am going to have to have more drawers. It was a good system to start with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...