A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 321,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady With a Rose(First Attempt)  (Read 2985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Mystiria
« on: May 29, 2006 07:25:52 PM »

Inspired by all the shirts here, I was inspired to make a belated birthday present for my sister. So after buying some generic transfer paper, I proceeded to make this shirt for my sister, which as you can see, did not turn out too well. I don't know if it's because I waited too long to take the back off, or the quality of the paper was bad. Anyways, here it is-

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid208/p9d2b251d555acd11d5fe0a85242f3e02/ee7d3480.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid208/p67f96926b32a68ea1679824ab9d5b32e/ee7d3464.jpg

Any help and/or commentary would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011 03:50:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zemolina
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006 10:33:51 PM »

I love the picture you used, where did you get it?
What exactly is wrong with the transfer, it looks fine in the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mystiria
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006 06:15:49 PM »

I got a picture from this artist- http://kmye-chan.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you look closely at the original, you'll see I made several changes.

As to what's wrong with the shirt, there were some small spots where the transfer... umm... didn't. So it looks a bit faded, like it's been worn a bunch of times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006 09:08:05 PM »

I have found that when using transfer paper you have to make a conscious decision as to how you want it to turn out in the end, before you even buy your paper. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the transfers I've done, maybe I'll get some of the more recent ones I've done... I didn't know this board was here... stupid school work getting in the way  Wink

I usually reccommend Avery brand transfer paper, yeah it can be a little more pricey, but it transfers much better in my opinion. It you want it to transfer perfectly, and don't mind it appearing (well sometimes) like something just stuck on a shirt, rather than something that could possibly have been silk screened, I say go with the dark tshirt transfers, even if you're putting it on a light shirt.

A few things to remember though, you are ironing it on top, it doesn't transfer the same way as the light color tshirt transfers (you don't have to flip anything usually) You also have to be careful bc you are printing on white rather than on clear. So you have to cut really close to what you are ironing on if you don't want a bunch of white around it. The light tshirt transfers will show the color of the garment, while the dark tshirt transfers can look like you taped a piece of white paper with a design on it to your shirt, so just be careful when choosing your design and your color shirt. Happy Transferring!

(hope that wasn't too long and that I wasn't telling you something you already knew! I just wanted to pass along what info I could on the subject!  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterestportfolioetsy
Mystiria
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006 07:00:50 PM »

Thanks for the info, Starsview. I went and bought some Avery paper, so hopefully my next shirt will come out better!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006 09:37:32 PM »

yay! post some pictures of your new creations ! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterestportfolioetsy
ShiningStar
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006 05:55:28 PM »

That is so beautiful.  You have inspired me Smiley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
marelly
Mazza Tres Fuxy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006 05:20:36 PM »

Hey, not to be a square here, but I think the link to kmye-chan's deviantart should be in the first post here. It's not really cool to remove the watermark on a commercial artist's picture, when she clearly states it several times on her site that her pics are not to be posted without her permission. Maybe I'm wrong and you HAVE her permission (full apologies if that be the case) but when you do have permission, you would usually post "posted with permission by kyme-chan at www.whatever.com". Again, not to rag on you, but I have a cousin who is an artist and this kind of thing drives her crazy. Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's the best thing about doing business with pirates? *FREE SHIPPING*
Cereza Bomba
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006 06:43:12 AM »

Wonderful.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006 01:09:33 PM »

not to be a downer or square ether but I'm with Marelly... I am an artist and this is the exact reason I don't post anything on line that I can't deal with people swiping. I didn't even check out that link till just now. :/ I hope she gave you the go-ahead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterestportfolioetsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...