A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Figuring out how to incorporate hanging space  (Read 1768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
VoodooToaster
« on: July 21, 2004 08:22:19 AM »

At the next three shows I'm doing, I want to incorporate some hanging space - I have some Christmas ornaments/rearview mirror decorations/necklaces/toys that are all meant to be hung, and it would be nice to display them as such (and I like to have things up off the table).  Any ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizwong
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004 12:15:25 PM »

I've been trying to figure this out as well.  I've been checking out other peoples' booths trying to get some ideas.  I've seen people who have these metal grid systems that I think are made specifically for displays.  I've also seen people with peg board that it's painted a nice color and that often makes a nice looking wall at the back of a booth.  There are some booths who string clotheslines on one wall of the booth and clip their items to it, like cards or lightweight items like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liz

Paintings, purses and greeting cards
http://www.artghost.com
http://artghost.blogspot.com
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004 12:25:56 PM »

I posted this in a differnt part of the site I am re-posting it here because I think it applies.

my mom bought one of those pop up tents on the metal frames and she says it was a good investment for many reasons.
she doesnt have to close down if it rains
she lives in florida
it looks pretty professional
and it does an amazing job on keeping you cool from the sun.
she got it for less than a hundred and something like sams club. she also got some lattace work from the hardware store and cut it up and put hinges on it and painted it and stuck some nails on it and she hangs things and uses it as a neat display board. because sometimes you just really need to hang things.
shes only 45 but shes got a good 20 years of craft fairs under her belt so I take her advice myself aws craftinmg gospel. (well that and shes my mom    )
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrokitty
rad to the bone

The New Year brings lots of crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004 09:18:44 PM »

I was thinking of lattace work too.  That hinge idea is genious.  I would paint the lattace white and run colorful ribbon through the holes.  This would make it really easy to stick earings through without damaging the little ...rods that go inside your ear lobe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds
November 6, 2019 Featured Projects

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...