A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: black and turqouise stripe exposed serging top  (Read 1629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
katie_ramone9
« on: May 23, 2006 07:28:48 AM »

i like the way this came out but i think its still a little plain...but its reversible

one side with exposed serging on stripes (excuse the mess)

close up of the sergerness

and the other side

any suggestions to make it less plain? i was thinking of taking up a screenprinting class and screen printing something on it....tell me what you think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006 07:57:16 AM »

I really love the shirt and the serger side is cute, too! You look nice in the shirt and it is very wonderful!

I was thinking that something simple, like a repeated design going down one side from around the shoulder and alternating color to show up on the stripes might be cute. Maybe a fruit or flower or exclamation point or.... can't think of anything perfect...umbrella. I'd go for !-2" size design.
 Kinda like this: !
                     !
                     !
                     !
Sorry if this is lame, but you get the idea. Maybe do an alternating navy on the light blue and light blue on the navy design, or something punchier like a row of apples in lime green and then a purple pear or.....sorry to go on and on!! Love your shirt.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 07:58:59 AM by arrhythmia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mixi
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006 08:55:21 AM »

when i saw it i too thot "yeap, screen print."
it would probably work better on the side that doesnt have the serging.  the serging would have to fold to one side and the side it folds to would not hav print (but then again, that might not be much of a problem either).
if it were my shirt, i would probably work some crazy mixed media on it.  print one side (the smooth one) and on the other i would stitch a red heart on the left side of your chest.  would be cool cause on the opposite side (the one with the print) you'd see the stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006 12:39:37 PM »

i love the heart idea.....and then on the other side, lime green apples!!! thank you guys so much for the ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maliaka
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006 04:17:26 PM »

Oooh, it looks really good on you! And on a side note, you have really pretty hair, hehe:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
katie_ramone9
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006 07:21:44 PM »

Oooh, it looks really good on you! And on a side note, you have really pretty hair, hehe:)

ooh thanks. i used to straighten my hair but ive decided to go natural and ive gotten so many compliments. im not used ot it. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...