A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: floresita embroidered t-shirt (many pics)  (Read 2972 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
floresita
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006 07:18:18 AM »

Thank you so much for all the kind comments!  Seeing the talented and creative designs here always inspires me!

Wow, that's gorgeous Shocked!  You must be quite skilled at embroidery because there's no puckering anywhere.  The fact that it's your artwork is even better.  How long did it take?

Wow! That looks so great. Really nice design, I like the colors and mixture of stitches. You are seriously skilled. It must have taken ages to complete.

Yes, this one did take me awhile, but the most time spent was on the flowers.  I'd say the whole project took at least 5 nights of dedicated work (about 3-4 hours at a time)... Smiley

I love the flowers, and the petal with the white stuff behind it.

Oh, thank you!  That's the part I liked the most - I thought about adding white fabric on all the petals, but I like it on just the one, too. Smiley

I am amazed!  You are so good at embroidering!  I LOVE the embroidered "Tea Towel" shirts!  I have made many, many , many embroidered tea towels- some of the kittys too, but never thought to put em on a shirt.  What got me started on embroidery is inheriting some tea towels my grandma and great-aunts embroidered during WWII.  I imagine all the evenings gathered around the radio, embroidering together.  It truly is becoming a lost art so THANK YOU for taking the retro transfers from kitsch to HIP!

Thank you!  Yes, I love tea towels, but I guess I liked the idea of shirts better because I love wearing embroidered things.... Those tea towels you inherited are such a treasure, you should guard them well!  I'd love to see your work - you should post some! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Various stuff I've embroidered / made: http://unafloresita.blogspot.com/
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006 09:05:25 AM »

Your work is so beautiful. I love the color combinations you used on this one! Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
anotherLisa
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006 09:21:22 AM »

Thank you!  Yes, I love tea towels, but I guess I liked the idea of shirts better because I love wearing embroidered things.... Those tea towels you inherited are such a treasure, you should guard them well!  I'd love to see your work - you should post some!
[/color]

Thanks Floresita!  I will post some of my embroidery, along with an example of the tea towels I inherited.  I certainly do treasure them, and I was also given some hand made lace, and some heirloom baby clothes.  I'll start posting some of my crafts as soon as I figure out how to do it!  I'm crafty, but not with computers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
latinlupelu
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006 09:45:35 AM »

i haven't posted much on this board, but i had to comment on your beautiful senorita wearing the sombero. she was exquisite! i do a lot of crochet work, some paper crafting, sewing, needlework, and painting. currently i am making purses and totes using hispanic-themed fabric. i love my heritage and try to highlight it in my work.  i found your work facinating and inspiring. may i ask where you found the pattern for the senorita? i would love to try reducing this and embroidering it on a tote bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
floresita
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006 01:25:33 PM »

may i ask where you found the pattern for the senorita? i would love to try reducing this and embroidering it on a tote bag.

I got the senorita pattern here: http://www.needlecrafter.com/frameset.php?load=http://www.needlecrafter.com/patterns.html  Just do a search for "senorita"... I'd love to see examples of your work, too! I really miss being surrounded by my culture as I was back home, so I love Hispanic stuff. Smiley

By the way, anotherLisa, I suggest Flickr - it's easy to set up a free account - just be aware they are a little buggy today.

Thanks eirle!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006 06:33:39 AM by floresita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Various stuff I've embroidered / made: http://unafloresita.blogspot.com/
offnlalaland54
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006 02:33:52 PM »

great skills! the emboridery is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm ready to jump back into craftster, i'm up for any angeling, so let me know!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...