A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JULY NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: It's time to enter FLIP FLOP FUSION! Enter your fab flip flop project now!
Total Members: 318,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: KAL*Psychedelic Squares Afghan* KAL  (Read 26072 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chloe_hippy
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006 06:34:28 AM »

i will gladly post pictures later today when my fiance gets home with the camera

I am doing it in 2 colors, navy and white, these are the colors of our bedroom and i have decided that i am making the balnket to fit a queen size bed, lol, a hint to my hubby that i want a smaller bed, lol, the king size just takes up too much room.

Carrie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006 10:40:55 PM »

i will gladly post pictures later today when my fiance gets home with the camera

I am doing it in 2 colors, navy and white, these are the colors of our bedroom and i have decided that i am making the balnket to fit a queen size bed, lol, a hint to my hubby that i want a smaller bed, lol, the king size just takes up too much room.

Carrie

I'm knitting for a queen size too.  Tongue I already warned the boy that he will be helping with the sewing. Wink 

So far I've only been knitting in two colors, and I must admit, it looks really nice. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chloe_hippy
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006 11:31:37 AM »

ok, i have the pictures of my 2 squares already taken, but my computer was acting up last night and i could not post them, hopefully i can get it to work tonight when i get home from work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spentonrainydays
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006 03:42:13 PM »

I have a whole bunch of scraps that my grandmother gave me a few months ago and I have been wondering what to do with them.  I love this pattern.  It won't be planned out.  I doubt it'll match well, but I'll give it a try.  I'll post pictures once I've started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006 10:28:45 PM »

My pace has dropped off due to IRL stuff.  Too stressed to knit?! I'm shocked, too. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things now that IRL stuff is settling down.

How long does it take you to make a square?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tookie568
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006 03:41:45 PM »

I saw this afghan knitalong and thought it would be a nice departure from all of the scarves I've knitted (that's the only thing I've knitted so far and nothing fancy either, just garter and stockinette stitch). The psychadelic squares are so cool looking and I'm hoping to have it as my dorm room bedspread, so I've got the summer to finish it. I went out and bought so on sale Red Heart yarn in orange, turquoise, lime green, raspberry, bright blue, and bright lemony yellow. Lots o' fruity bright colors! I've already finshed one square and it's looking pretty good, just have to weave in the ends on it...it's gonna be a long project but I think it'll be lots of fun! Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic soon of what I have so far!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006 04:56:29 PM »

I added two new colors to my earthtone afghan: beige and a deep browny red.  That brings the grand total to..... 4 colors!  Cream, beige, darn beige, and dark red.  Ok, so it's not as crazy colorful as the other afghans out there, but I wanted to keep this blanket a bit more monotone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sosidegal
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006 08:18:09 AM »

I absolutely love this blanket.  i wish i had time to join.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brook Smiley
check me out at http://sosidegal.blogspot.com/
jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006 12:12:45 PM »

I'm making the garter stitch version of this at the moment.  That said, it's only being knitted when I'm looking for something mindless to knit while watching TV, or when I'm out and about as the small squares are lovely and portable, so I fully expect it to take me forever to get it done.  I'm using acrylic from my stash in any and every colour, I'm so glad I didn't throw out all those odds and ends when I was considering it a while ago!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is getting on Smiley

Jane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slimissaw
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006 07:56:01 AM »

I just bought my yarn for this blanket... all Caron Simply Soft, in colors to mimic the colors of sea glass.  I thought it would be perfect for my little beach cottage  Wink

I can't wait to see  all your pictures!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers." --Holly.

http://needlephile.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 20th: National Moon Day
Tute Tuesday: Neapolitan Ice Cream Scrub
Finding Frida Kahlo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...