A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First year of college scrapbook- How should I do it!?  (Read 4285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
myownme
« on: May 18, 2006 11:16:08 AM »

I want to scrap book my first year of college. Has you can imagine it’s basically just party pictures with my friends. I am not sure how I should go about doing this. I want to make it look like a great scrap book, but nothing ‘formal’ looking about it at all.

Any help would be great.

Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006 11:47:48 AM »

I made one scrapbook with all my college photos, but organized it by year.  I made a separate book for sorority photos.  I'll try to post some photos of mine this evening to give you an idea of what I did.  Basically though, I just picked out papers I really like that were kind of whimsy and I liked, and started cropping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
goldfishhead
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006 06:43:46 PM »

I had a similar dillema. my sophmore year pics were just shots of freinds, so I organized it partly by person. That way I got to pick out papers and goodies that reminded me of each person. Then I did the couples. Then I did habitual activities (like..hanging out in the lobby of our dorm, the stuff lindsay did when she discovered photoshop, how everyone i knew fell asleap in this one chair at some point) then i did specific activities (clubs, birthdays, and so on).

A good way to keep it from looking formal is to not use a color theme for te whole book, just let every page have an entierly different color theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ModernDayDauphine
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006 04:01:35 PM »

im going to do my first college year by month and have special events in the back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emoxrobot
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind

Turn Your Wounds Into Wisdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006 12:35:38 AM »

I am working on my college scrapbook and I think that since the theme is similar when it comes to pictures that the paper itself is pretty important. The other things I did included painting in it and making it very artsy and interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is totally unconscionable to subject defenseless animals to mutilation and death, just so a company can be the first to market a new shade of nail polish or a new, improved laundry detergent. It's cruel, it's brutal, it's inhumane, and most people don't want it."
goldfishhead
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006 09:15:27 PM »

well? cmon emoxrobot, wheres the pics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emoxrobot
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind

Turn Your Wounds Into Wisdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006 07:00:38 PM »

My scrapbook is at my apartment and I am at a firends but I promise to post the pictures of my pages tomorrow night when I get out of class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is totally unconscionable to subject defenseless animals to mutilation and death, just so a company can be the first to market a new shade of nail polish or a new, improved laundry detergent. It's cruel, it's brutal, it's inhumane, and most people don't want it."
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006 08:41:48 PM »

I made one scrapbook of all 4 years of college, and I separated things as much as possible by "events" - like specific football games or club activities.  The photos I had of people just hanging around got titled "hanging around on campus", etc. and I mixed in movie theatre stubs I had kept.  I also had a lot of photos of two fo my friends making funny facs, so I made a smiley face out of their photos and entitled it "smile" - two small photos cut into circles for eyes, and then a sideways D for the mouth. 

Right now, I'm working on a page called "the many faces of alex", becasue my friend claims he takes bad photos, and I was trying to catch him in a "Good" post, and I have a good half dozen or so of him making goofy faces. 

I generally planned for double page spreads, unless it was for a specific event that needed more pages, and I tried not to overdo it on the school colors - I reserved Blue & White for football games, and a picture tour of campus.  Otherwise I used a lot of bright colors, and funky background paper. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
SportzGirl
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006 11:03:14 AM »

"I also had a lot of photos of two fo my friends making funny facs, so I made a smiley face out of their photos and entitled it "smile" - two small photos cut into circles for eyes, and then a sideways D for the mouth.  "

What a  good idea!  I never thought about making a picture like that out of my photos!  I mean, I've cut some photos into shapes like ovals and stars, etc., but nothing like what I'm picturing yours looks like.  I gonna have to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be."
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006 09:57:18 AM »

"I also had a lot of photos of two fo my friends making funny facs, so I made a smiley face out of their photos and entitled it "smile" - two small photos cut into circles for eyes, and then a sideways D for the mouth.  "

What a  good idea!  I never thought about making a picture like that out of my photos!  I mean, I've cut some photos into shapes like ovals and stars, etc., but nothing like what I'm picturing yours looks like.  I gonna have to try it.

I mounted the photos on a yellow circle, so it has the complete "face" idea. it's cute. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
ohrendezvous
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006 06:15:44 PM »

[My first post on Craftster, eep! /random]

I did one for my freshman year, and I just sat down and organized it by event chronologically.  I made a list numbered 1-20, because I had a 10 sheet/20 page scrapbook, and filled in events I wanted to scrap until I had all 20, making sure I had a few two page spreads mixed in there.  Then I stuck any extra events [because I figured all the pictures of us going out would be similar, no need for twenty pages of just that] in a fun photo album that matched my scrapbook. 

I did a different colour scheme for each two page spread, but my best friend did one colour throughout for hers and they both looked equally nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Princess
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007 01:56:42 PM »

I am working on my son's first year of College scrapbook and I am also making one for his girlfriend.  (Sure hope they stay together after all the work I am putting into it!) 

I am using paper in the schools colors as the paper out there for school seems to be for younger kids.  When I attended parents weekend I went into the bookstore and picked up stickers and other little "school spirit" items to put into the book.  I also save any mailings I get with the school name and address and quotes, mascot pictures, etc. on it!

Happy Scrapping!

Smiley  Christine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...