A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone know where i can find this...?  (Read 2774 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

CraftyLea14
« on: July 16, 2004 07:41:15 AM »

Does anyone know about a program that allows you to make your own buisness cards for absolutly free ? I want to make myself buisness cards but they really have to be free cause i don't have the money... Undecided Oh i want my card to be original and for it to stand-out ?! Any ideas ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inna
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004 10:59:02 AM »

Draw up what you want it to look like and I will make a document file or a Picture file that you can get printed anywhere or print yourself. PM me and we will see what happens.

Inna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
Valoir

I knew I could make it myself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004 11:36:38 AM »

VistaPrint will give you free cards, but it has their logo on it and you have to select from their basic designs - no customization.

Valerie/Valoir
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's all jewelry all the time!
http://www.valoirdesigns.com
coffee

i need more coffee...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004 04:32:35 PM »

depending on the look you're going for, you can make them yourself.   just print out the text then photocopy onto cardstock.  i cut a little rubber stamp with my logo on it & use embossing powder.  then i can get a super-fancy look to it that didn't cost much!  and i like to change them, not my logo, but the format of my business card.  for a while they folded in half because i had so much info on them - i could never afford that professionally done!

*e
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee drinker,
bookbinder,
quilter &
creature maker
khill

I got an itchin' to do some craftin' MOJO-JOJO!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004 04:43:21 PM »

where did you find the cool color of those cards? it looks metallic but i've never come across metallic cardstock. it looks great - i'm going to try the embossing powder idea with my cards. i wanted to print both sides but this might be a more cost effective option for right now. i have a stamp with my logo - can you give a quick tutorial on how to use the embossing powder technique?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k.hill

Urban Eclectic
www.urbaneclectic.net

Eclectic Design Studio
www.eclecticdesignstudio.net
coffee

i need more coffee...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004 04:20:43 PM »

i love that paper, it's from the PaperSource in boston:  http://www.paper-source.com/  the 8.5x11 stardream coverstock.  ink jet printers won't work on it, you have to use a classic office laser-type printer, a photocopier might work, too.  to stick the embossing powder i use a Color Box pigment stamp pad, it's really thick and doesn't dry well.  sprinkle the powder on, tap the excess off & funnel it back into the jar.  i finally bought a heat gun for $20 and it is amazing.  i can stamp & powder a ton of cards & then melt them all quickly.  otherwise, it takes some practice, but a small candle works great.  i've heard you can use an iron or the stove, but i've never gotten the hang of it!  'cause i make them myself, i can make little matching hang-tags to stick in the pockets of my stuffed animals.  i was going to post some explanatory pics, but, alas, the camera batteries are dead!

*e
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee drinker,
bookbinder,
quilter &
creature maker
mari_meow_meow
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004 11:57:12 AM »

i've never come across metallic cardstock.

http://www.paperandmore.com

they have very reasonable prices, flat shipping rate AND you can order samples of the products.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004 12:03:34 PM by mari_q » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah_1980
tallpoppycraft.com

tallpoppycraft.com :: Tall Poppy Craft Products

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004 10:52:00 PM »

Try - I'm sure there's a freeby progaram http://www.download.com there for designing business cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
http://www.tallpoppycraft.com
Tall Poppy Craft Products :: Handbag & Purse Making Supplies
JediEmpressMel
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004 12:42:58 AM »

They have business card templates you can modify, and it's using Microsoft Publisher. It's free. They also sell injet printable business cards all in a sheet. You tear them on the perferated lines after printing them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
K8upL8
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004 05:41:25 AM »

www.maxcards.com these are more like calling cards but they are free and cute... you don't get many and they are all about the advertising, but maybe they will do in a pinch and they are absolutely free. ( I love a freebie!)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...