A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
213 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Isabeau Tote or Handbag KAL  (Read 23289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2006 10:02:28 PM »

This KAL is for the pattern available for sale at Chez Plum Isabeau Tote or Handbag

Trust me, its worth it. I made the Isabeau purse (the small free one available on her site) and it turned out beautifully! I loved it so much I started a KAL for it here.

Sylvie writes really clear instructions, loves to help, and is just a phenomenal person all around. You can find her on here as SylvChezPlum.

I am knitting the tote handbag, because (a)  I need one, (b) I love this pattern and (c) I am in a bit of a knitting funk right now when it comes to larger things (sweaters, etc.) and  I needed more instant gratification!

I am knitting this in Gedifra Wellness in color 2169 (Olive) which has the same content (60% Cotton, 40% Acrylic, 18sts over 4") as the yarn suggested for the pattern, and it was on sale!

C'mon! Someone do this with me!!!

Emmie   Kiss
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006 06:43:26 PM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yogineo
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006 07:58:35 AM »

I'm very excited about the tote!  I saw your previous Isabeau KAL and fell in love and downloaded the pattern!  it is definitely on my list after I get a couple of other things going.  I think the purse would make great gifts for my two new sisters-in-law.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006 09:59:21 AM »

I'm very excited about the tote!  I saw your previous Isabeau KAL and fell in love and downloaded the pattern!

I love that!

Here is how far along I am:

By the way, the yarn I suggested comes in alot of pretty colors. Very pretty but muted, like a purse should be!  Kiss

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006 04:56:09 PM »

Hi Emmie!  Nice work!  Smiley  Steph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006 07:00:31 PM »

Hi Emmie!  Nice work!  Smiley  Steph

Thanks Steph!!!

Since it seems to be just lil ole me all by her lonesome (sigh...)  Sad I will let you know how far I have come since I started this purse 2 days ago:

Isn't that kewl? It's a really fast knit! I am going to line it with satin that is slightly lighter in shade than the yarn. Oh yumm!!!  Kiss

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookles24
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006 08:06:54 PM »

Wow that looks great so far!  I am planning on starting one right after my finals are over  Smiley  So sad that I have to wait a whole week...must study......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006 12:54:30 PM »

I can't wait to knit this!! but will probably wait till June first. Looks beautiful so far  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006 01:41:01 PM »

thanks so much Chloe!

I am actually knitting the handbag from the yarn of the finished tote  Tongue I finished the tote and realized I would never cart around a tote, and for me the handbag was big enough. Sigh. So I am knitting the handbag.

Here is a pic:

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006 05:53:26 PM »

All the bags are beautiful and all of you are so talented.  I wish I had learned more knitting when mom was alive, she could knit anything.  As for me I got the basic and want to learn how to make the eyelet you have...but no luck as of yet.

Great Job. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006 08:28:52 PM »

I wish I had learned more knitting when mom was alive, she could knit anything.  As for me I got the basic and want to learn how to make the eyelet you have...but no luck as of yet.

panda, don't despair, that is what craftster is for! So we can all help each other. I am going to pm my email address to you, whenever you decide to start Isabeau and need help just drop me a line!!!

Emms Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Quilted Scissors Cozy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Brigaderios

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...