A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
157 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wah! It sucks to be poor!  (Read 1099 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

i_squared_u

hurray for right angles!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2006 05:00:26 PM »

I'm moving out of my lovingly decorated room this weekend to a not so glamourous basement room. It's small dark, not much wall space, no windows that open and a view of a wall. Yup it a bit of a dump. I'm skint (too much travelling last year) and can't afford anywhere nicer.Cry

I'm stumped. I was thinking about painting the biggest wall which is above the double bed. As I said before, I'm skint which means I can't afford new paint but I do have half a tin of Dulux's Sexy Pink (what a silly name) and some black gloss.

I was thinking about rehashing/swiping ShowMeHelen's nifty ideahttps://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87155.0 or doing a graffiti stencil.

Do any of my fellow crafters have any ideas? I want something retro/cool and relatively easy to do.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 02:45:47 PM by i_squared_u » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftjunkie
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006 07:43:19 AM »

can you post a pic of what you have to work with... maybe i have a few idea..  but need to see what you have to work with first
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_squared_u

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006 02:49:33 PM »

can you post a pic of what you have to work with... maybe i have a few idea..  but need to see what you have to work with first

I don't have any pics at the moment. Erm... it's a regular white wall about 5ft wide and about 7ft tall. It's recessed and flanked by cupboards on either side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_squared_u

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006 07:22:29 PM »

It's a 3am and I just had a lightbulb moment of sorts and came up with awesome design for my wall. I'll attack it with paint this weekend. Fingers crossed it'll all work out to plan.

So I suppose you can pretty much ignore this post now.

Thanks anyway Craftjunkie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dollyrocker
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006 12:11:02 AM »

the grafitti idea is cool.....matthew williamson has that in his house Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006 02:23:52 AM »

hello - it's me Smiley
glad that you like my wall!

perhaps you could do some kinda combo of paint and bits stuck on?
i'm really loving stuff stuck onto walls at the mo... there's this shop down the road from where i live and they've got black and white flowery wallpaper which they have partially coloured over with water colour paints and then decorated with little gems and sequins. i can't even begin to explain how cool it is...

obviously wallpaper is a bit expensive, but perhaps you could try glitzing your walls up a bit with some sequins or something. i used to live in a damp basement too, so i know how you must feel!

also i can't  remember if i mentioned this before, but you can buy sticky back vinyl that looks like wood that's really similar to the furry stuff i used. i'm going to experiment with some of that next - should be cool i think.

let us know what you do in the end anyhoo - i'm intrigued...

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blkrainb0w
And we both can dance on streaks in the sky.

*knit - knit - knit*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006 01:20:15 PM »

What I would do is get a nice window frame and curtain to go with it and put it on the wall. Have a nice mural behind it. Get some lighting fixtures and get some paintings, posters , all that good stuff. Im sure it will take a little while until it feels like home but give it a little time and it will.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018:
Tute Tuesday: No Stitch Yarn Hat Ornament
Creative Elves on Your Christmas Shelves

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...