A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery - May 2006  (Read 16902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006 09:01:14 AM »

they're not super big in the us, at least not around here, but we saw them at cornerstone festival a few years ago. they are awesome. i'm not much of a fan but i did enjoy the show.

Yes. They have to be one of the absolutely greatest livebands there is, no matter what you think of the music. So much energy...
I've been listening to them even since I got one of their records from Simon (guitarist) about 7 years ago. I can still remember the anxiety I felt. It's the same with music as with crafts. When someone asks for your opinion (especially someone you like) and you really really hope that you'll like it. This time I did.
They're not big in Sweden at all, since they've been concentrating on the US for the last six years, but it seems that they have enough fans here to get people to the concerts, so maybe we'll see more of them in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
dooney
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006 08:51:15 PM »

the night i saw them was right after i had passed out in the heat, so i stayed pretty far away from the crowd but i still had a blast watching them.
how do you know them? family friends?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006 04:05:48 AM »

the night i saw them was right after i had passed out in the heat, so i stayed pretty far away from the crowd but i still had a blast watching them.
how do you know them? family friends?

I started chating with Simon on a chat for people with alternative music styles (lots of goth, synth and metal), so I knew him for quite some time before I heard them the first time.
We were really close for a year or so, but then he met his ex, and then I met my boyfriend and we sort of lost touch for a while, but a year ago he popped up in my computer again and since then we try to keep in touch.

Yesterday I embroidered the autographs on the jacket I made for my daughter so now it's almost complete. I keep herassing them to make sewn "sticker" that I can sew on the sleeve, but they're to busy touring right now.
I'll post pics of it as soon as the cameraman comes home from far away work. I'm camera impared myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
dooney
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006 09:08:50 AM »

your daughter is one lucky girl! My husband keeps asking me questions ("how does she know them? tell her to invite me over there!"). He's so funny. I'll have to stencil him a shirt now or something. He's been a fan since before anyone knew about them around here. I don't know how he heard of them.

I fear we've monopolized this thread. Oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006 09:25:04 AM »

I'm glad you did, Blindside are playing the Download Festival in the UK next month and I wouldn't have made any effort to see them as I've not heard anything about them. But now I have, I'll make a point of going to listen to them! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qwizzybaby
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006 07:49:32 PM »

Ummm, I just noticed that the color of the hat in my pictures makes it look like they're neon and glowing....sorry.  The color is actually very close to the picture of ysolda's doll (posted above by the noodle princess).

I wish I knew how to make knit items glow; it'd be awesome for halloween Wink

there is glow in the dark yarn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006 03:19:09 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You've got to be kidding!!  I must try it; do you know where I can find some?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006 07:19:58 PM »

Kristin81 made these great little monsters for my DS, and Mr.Khantastic's GameBoyAdvance! They're super cute...here they are adventuring through my house!
By the window....

In the kitchen...

In the Living Room...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006 07:27:03 PM »

Catpants sent me this sweet Nestlace! I sent her a felting kit, which we can't post, since someone is waiting for theirs to arrive. My nestlace:

"nest"led into my cleavage on the darling ribbon she sent with it:

I Switched out the chain so it looks like my Archaeopteryx are trying to nest:

Action Shot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

backstgartist
Crafty Props Master

I'm the laziest workaholic you'll ever meet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006 08:19:45 PM »

Wow Catpants! That is a GORGEOUS nest-lace  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Props to Crafting!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...