A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
269 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Amigurumi Menagerie--enter if you dare! NEW 1/3--SHAAAARK!!!  (Read 19638 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

knittinkitty

out of the box

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2006 05:44:13 PM »

(insert demented laugh here  Cheesy)

I discovered these lil critters from an article in Knit1 magazine, got online to look for patterns, & well, just got abducted by them...I haven't really made up any of my own yet, but I have adapted some.

Here's one--the dragon is an adaptation of one of RubyTuesday's wonderful patterns--the cat is a free one I found online.

This kangaroo is believe it or not adapted from the same pattern whence came the dragon (hehe)

And where did they come from? The penguin you see below  Cheesy The giraffe came from the Annies Attic book How to Crochet Adaorable Amigurumi Animals. Their mischievous looking friend is adapted from Roxycraft's basic body pattern...he's supposed to be Clay Aiken, if you were wondering. (I've made about 15 of those for friends...every last one of em in a different outfit. Whew!)

These 3 are all Roxycraft patterns. The green monkey was a special request from my boss who collects monkeys. The bunny was an Easter gift for my niece, & the elephant was a baby gift for a friend's new grandson. (I think...unless he has bead eyes, then he's the one I made for myself. hehe)

These last ones are actually the first ones I made, both from free patterns. The cat actually came from a bear pattern, but I turned the pig's ears sideways & used them to make it catty.

So that's my zoo, for the moment...

Thanx & {{{hug}}} to RubyTuesday for her encouragement, & for not minding how I mangled her patterns.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 02:22:42 PM by knittinkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knowing that I don't have control over things is not always exciting for me. But it's been reassuring to know that I don't need to have control. God has control." (Clay Aiken)
CrazeeMoi
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006 10:21:07 PM »

WOW     those are great!!!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006 08:48:13 AM »

A whole menagerie!  Wow.  Great job!  Clay's fuzzy hair is fab.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006 05:28:49 AM »

Ahh, I love little crocheted animals! The cat is sooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinkitty

out of the box

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006 06:04:38 AM »

Aw, thanx y'all!  Smiley

Iamsusie, Clay's hair took about 15 feet of Lion Fun Fur...I cut it into 3" pieces & hooked them into his scalp. Sounds awful, but only took about 45 min per doll. It seems to be 1 of the things everybody likes most about him. That, & his ears.  Cheesy

I have a couple more critters I will post over the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knowing that I don't have control over things is not always exciting for me. But it's been reassuring to know that I don't need to have control. God has control." (Clay Aiken)
IamSusie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006 08:57:57 AM »

That is such a simple  solution for hair! 45 mins goes fast when you can see how much cuter your project is getting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006 03:39:24 AM »

Hi Kitty

Don't they look great! you must have so much patience to do the hair on those little men! and to make 15 of them wow! well done! Once i've designed and made an amigurumi I very rarely make another the same, i think that's why i'm into designing the patterns!........ i just love your dragon, he really works in those colours :-)

Keep up the good work :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinkitty

out of the box

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006 06:09:57 AM »

EEEEE, hi Ruby!! {{{hug}}} My amigurumi mentor made it to my thread!  Grin

you must have so much patience to do the hair on those little men! and to make 15 of them wow! well done! Once i've designed and made an amigurumi I very rarely make another the same, i think that's why i'm into designing the patterns!........
It helped that everybody wanted their Clay in a different outfit...like 'can you dress him in what he wore for this concert' or 'that tv show' or whatever. Made each one a new challenge.

I promise I am going to put my others up y'all, but they are at work & I keep forgetting to bring them home, or take the camera there... Cheesy I have the camera here today thogh, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'm especially proud of my psychedelic Grateful Dead bear & can't wait for you all to see him.

ETA to add this one, from a pattern I found at Lion Brand's web site. He's not exactly amigurumi, but close.

ETA2--at last the promised pix...the bear is a free online pattern, the same one I adapted to make the black kitty above. The brown cat is also online for free, called amineko. (sorry, I wish I had the links for all these but I just printed them out & didn't save the urls. Sad When I get time I will hunt as many up as I can & add them.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006 05:09:30 PM by knittinkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyTuesday
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006 06:25:54 AM »

Awwww Kitty they are gorgeous! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinkitty

out of the box

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006 07:39:13 AM »

My latest addition to the family...I cooked this one up from the giraffe body, the dragon foot, and a couple of generic football shapes for the claws...meet the crawfish!

Forgive the slightly blurry pic.

He's a crayfish in the encyclopedia, and a crawdad if you're in Louisiana, but a crawfish in my neck of the woods.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...