A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,812
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How many projects is too many?  (Read 1021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

JoHunter
« on: April 27, 2006 01:58:36 PM »

How many knitting projects do you have on the go at once?  I find that I need one for every "challenge" to keep myself interested.  So right now I have a cabling project, lace, fair isle, unique shaping, and socks.  I rotate between them depending on how I feel.  I tried to keep myself to "just one project" but found I kept losing interest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crnaofca
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006 04:23:27 AM »

i have 3 atm, one is boring stockinette shrug for my sister, which i keep ignoring, one is really exciting khan shrug, raglan like, i'm so excited about every next row that i just cant stop, and i have opera scarf which is so incredibly beautiful, it is some lace wannabe. um, and wristwarmers. which i have o idea how will they look like:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
TinkB
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006 09:28:16 AM »

I had 4
 1 was crocheting and 3 was knit, the knitted  (Which I still have not finished is a teddy bear for my dog tinkerbell),and i knitted a bowl and knitted dish cloth  and the crocheting was a hat
lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006 09:36:03 AM »

I don't think there really is a too many. Projects depend on our moods, what we're interested in trying, what we need (for commissions, gifts, etc) to make, and so on.

Right now, I have:
- My giant crocheted blanket
- A lace scarf I'm designing (to be followed, if it works, with another one)
- Pair of fingerless gloves

That's just what I have actively on needles. I have a handful of others I'm in the "hmmm... What yarn would be best for this?" stage with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
crnaofca
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006 09:38:11 AM »

I have a handful of others I'm in the "hmmm... What yarn would be best for this?" stage with.

you are lucky, i am usually: ummm, what pattern would be best for this yarn:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
natagirl
What's your theme song?

Sifl & Olly - ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006 09:59:40 AM »

I have three going right now - but am currently looking for about 3 more patterns to start for gifts and such.

My husband says I like 'hunting' for the perfect thing to knit for someone just as much as I like the knitting part.  Which I think is true.  You just know when you find that one thing that would be perfect for someone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm a bad woman, but i'm damn good company.
vaudeville comedian fannie brice
sachis2112
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006 12:41:57 PM »

Too many?  No such thing.  Nope.  No way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006 01:00:17 PM »

What is this "too many" concept you speak of? Heh.

Let's see, what's on the needles now. I'm proud of myself because I recently frogged a couple things I knew I would never finish and finished a long neglected (and well overdue) gift scarf.
Now I have:
-SnBN Om Yoga Bag (a bit over half done)
-a simple lace shawl (just started from the yarn I was making another shawl from that I decided I hated... one of the things I frogged last week or so)
-an ugly shawl for my mom... looks like I rolled Cookie Monster in Nerds and skinned him   Cheesy (about half done)
- a ribbed head wrap-y headband thing I think I'm going to go ahead and kill... it was just ribbing practice from months ago, I'm not feelin' it anymore and I lost the other freakin' needle

I also need to put the ears and flaps on the kitty hat I made a month ago.

Of course in the midst of all this I've decided I must start Knitty's Branching Out. I'm also itching to make another kitty hat, but with Hello Kitty details. I can whip the base out in one sitting but I don't know that I'd get around to the ears, face, or bows anytime soon so I'm trying to put this off. OH and I finally found a pattern I want to try with the skien of Plymouth Baby Alpace Grande I've been hoarding. I'm getting needles for that tomorrow when I pick up the yarn for Branching out.
I have a list a mile long of things I want to knit but I'm going to try hard not to cast on anything after Branching Out until I've finished the bag and shawl. Ok, at least the bag. My mom wants a bag too when I finish that one. :-P

The plan is:
start Branching Out
complete bag and ugly shawl
start cabled hat
start Mom's bag whenever she gets me the yarn
STICK TO PLAN

Heh.

ADD knitter from hell. I can't do one at a time. I need different things for different moods/situations. I'm not going to jack up a lacework project trying to knit it while watching movies with the boy or doing a couple rows right before bed when I'm tired, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

likespointysticks
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006 04:03:24 PM »

Having many different projects is a sign of skill, not ADD.

. . . at least I hope so, or I'm doomed. Wink

My projects:
Lacey armwarmer (might have to frog, it's kinda big)
Ongoing Warm Up America square project
The Project Linus Blanket That Will Not Die
Fuzzy armwarmers
Red fingering-weight socks

Plus, I have yarn slated for three more pairs of socks, and piles of yarn for another Project Linus blanket (or two). And then there's the rest of my stash . . . but we won't talk about that in polite company.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love my dictionary.
luckychere
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006 04:22:11 PM »

Oh geez, I always have way too many projects going! I easily get bored with a project and start another. I can't believe I ever finish anything.

-practicing intarsia (no particular project)
-circular shrug KAL
-a crocheted shrug from a printed pattern
-wavy scarf from Knitty
-branching out lace scarf from Knitty
-crocheted socks
-skull illusion scarf

There's probably more that I can't think of/haven't worked on in months. This is sad, isn't it.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Vanilla Spice Nut Mix
Meatless Monday: Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...