A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 319,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Which Way To Join Squares W/Pics  (Read 1974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006 09:29:52 AM »

Squares are nice because you can take them anywhere with you and do a little at a time. I made all of these squares while watching my sons in dance class.

I have another one started that I work on when they are at baseball practices.

7' wide is extremely daunting. Good luck with both!

Exactly! They are easy to take anywhere. I have a bag with sections of an afghan I started for a friend. I plan to finish it someday, but I lost the pattern (argh!) when I moved.

I need to find it online again and start again. It didn't take long to do a section at all.

And the 7' is, yes. I don't know what caused me to make it that wide. It takes me two evenings (I work slow, because I get distracted) to do a row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
twilight
Craftista

Aren't we all lamas really...on the inside?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006 05:18:21 PM »

I've been thinking of making an afghan for a friend's wedding. I want to do squares but am not sure of the pattern. This inspires me to do one with a flower motif.

For me the color scheme is the deciding factor on how to join. If I have a lot of different colors I do an "invisible" seam. If I only have a couple colors I join like you did-the seam compliments the border.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's just a ride."-Bill Hicks
Twitter: @TwilightChaos
Gette13
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006 09:52:00 AM »

I'm glad you went pink.  Smiley
It reminds me of gingham squares that way.  It's a gorgous pattern - very beautiful and intricate the way the flower pops out like that.
This blanket is ALIVE!

(And nice for young finger to touch and grasp.  My son had a blanket made for him that had a crochet swirl on it, and when he was very young, he would constantly follow the twists when he used it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be bold.  If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball."  Billie Jean King
amdm
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006 08:01:27 AM »

It is a very pretty design, and, buckynbaby, you can find a pattern for a square like this in bev's country cottage, (bev's soft flower square). Personally, I prefer to join the squares while crocheting rather than have a marathon joining session at the end. I usually follow one of two systems, one of which is Priscilla's flat braid join, which results in a lovely lacy design between the squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...