A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
291 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim, and Tie Your T-Shirt into Something Special???  (Read 3808 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

AlyKat
« on: April 14, 2006 06:50:42 PM »

Has anyone read the book 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim, and Tie Your T-Shirt into Something Special???
Ii've read a couple good things about it on the internet and I was wondering if anyones used it???
I want to but it but im want to make sure its worth it
So if anyone has please share your good or bad results
Thanks
Alyssa Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jasmine_xoxo

I live in terror of not being misunderstood -Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006 11:51:31 PM »

I bought Generation T: 108 ways to transform a t shirt...it's awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006 11:56:52 PM »

Generation T is much better.

I have the 99 ways to cut and do that other stuff to tee shirts book.  Basically, its got some good ideas in it, but Generation T is SOOO much better.  It has better pictures, better directions.

I use it bascially to remember that bias cuts are a possibility because I never remember that when I recon tee shirts.  I kinda wish I hadnt bought it honestly, but I do pride myself on the collection of alternative craft books I own.

All in all I would say dont get it.  Even the Rip It book isnt all that well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
turtletrbl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006 12:09:49 PM »

I have Generation T and recommend that one as well.  I looked at the 99 Ways book in the store and wasn't nearly as impressed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006 05:46:34 PM »

I have never seen "99 ways...." in stores but I did see Tease. It has 50 ways to re-vamp shirts. But I really want to get a chance to look at Generation T before I buy either one. I mean I could probably get just as good ideas on craftster, but I love having books to just sit and dream of what I can make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
AlyKat
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006 06:12:53 PM »

Thanks Guys,
I was also looking at the Generation T book,
Sadly in my small town there is no book stores(and i dont think the hospital used book store would have it Cheesy )so I have to buy it on the Internet. Does anyone have pictures of results from ethier???
Alyssa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gestalta_Sara

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006 08:11:08 PM »

I have never seen "99 ways...." in stores but I did see Tease. It has 50 ways to re-vamp shirts. But I really want to get a chance to look at Generation T before I buy either one. I mean I could probably get just as good ideas on craftster, but I love having books to just sit and dream of what I can make.

Its really a toss up between Generation T and Tease.  Like, if I didnt have both, and I could only buy one, I wouldnt be able to easily choose.

Hmmm.

I love recon books.  Are there any others out there like Generation T and Tease?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006 01:50:11 PM »

Hello guys,
Where can one get this wonderful book that all of you are talking about? Is there an author name or a code for the book that you can post it...I am sooo interested in it. How should I look for it?
Obrigada!
Perach Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gestalta_Sara

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006 02:15:54 PM »

Hello guys,
Where can one get this wonderful book that all of you are talking about? Is there an author name or a code for the book that you can post it...I am sooo interested in it. How should I look for it?
Obrigada!
Perach Grin

Generation T - 100 Ways to Transform a T-shirt, by Meghan Nicolay, ISBN #'s 9780761137856

99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim and Tie Your T-shirt into something Special, by Faith and Justina Blakeney, Anka Livakovic and Ellen Schultz, ISNB #'s 030734556

Tease - 50 inspired T-shirt Transformations, by Superstars of Art, Craft & Design (edited by Sarah Sockit), ISBN #'s 0399532161

That should keep your head spinning for a while  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006 02:20:48 PM »

Thank you!
Head already spinning! Shocked
Fingers typing like crazy on the net trying to catch one of these precious books.
Perach Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Freezer Paper Stencil
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Tiny Needlework Succulent
Deck Those Halls!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...