A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,282
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift Ideas for New Daddy?  (Read 1930 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

malinda
« on: April 14, 2006 05:03:38 PM »

Hey everyone, first post here, and I know I'm thinking a tad bit ahead here, but my boyfriend and I were just recently blessed with our beautiful baby girl in February and I realized something...we're going to need to celebrate mother's/father's days! We've decided that I'm going to stay home for her first year, so I won't have much cash to work with, unless of course I get it from him first, hehe. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone had any mid-to-low-budget gift ideas for a geeky, computer-loving, model-plane-flying, pizza-making pappy. Obviously it can be a time intensive project Grin .Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006 02:49:25 AM »

Hmmm... I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you could get a plain computer map thing, don't know what they're called, but the things you wiggle your mouse with, you get me? Anyway, get a plain white one or something, and maybe put your baby's hand in some paint and get her to put her hand on the mouse mat? and then maybe plastify it after letting it dry.

Sorry I'm not very good with ideas, but congrats on the baby girl  Smiley
And also welcome to craftster, trust me it's addicting lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006 09:30:27 AM »

one thing that my dd and i started last year (my dd is 5 now) is start a daddy book. i learned about it in family fun. you build a scap book on an annual basis. we are using one sheet per year (so this year we'll work on our second sheet - you on the other hand will be starting this one from "scratch"!).

it sounds a little lame at first, but as he gets older and she gets older it will give him a place to go back on his own and remember his little girl. i'm tellin ya. dads don't like their little girls growing up! my dh simply loved his book last year and can't wait to see his new page this year!

we try not to be too gifty as a family since it's not the gift that is important. and this scrap book hit the mark!
hope that this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
tinxerb377

Bloody Hell!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006 12:37:05 PM »

My father is a photographer so he taught me all i know about photography and what i did as a fathers day present for my causin (who just had a baby) is that with the help of the mommy we took pictures of the baby doing her father's hobbyes. for example : we took a pic of the baby playing on the computer while wearing a tie (my causing is a programer for a big computer company) and the baby "reading" the paper. In your case I would try to take a picture of the baby playing with a plane or something like that. He has the pictures in his office and everyone loves them ( he baby was 11 months old at the time).
 Hope I was some sort of help.
Good luck and congratulations
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inside every HEART with dust, there lies a creature called LUST.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf
The Birds and The Bees
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...