A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 321,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
215 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: earrings---->two pairs  (Read 2930 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2004 09:59:53 AM »

Hey Everyone Cheesy Here are a pair of earrings I made the other day. Just thought I'd post them to see what you think. They're made of clear fishing line, white sequins, earring hook thingys, and these beads I bought at walmart called E beads. The E beads are just clear seed beeds with paint on the inside.

Thats them so I hope you like them Cheesy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone  Cheesy I got some headpins and re-did the earrings so here they are

Also I made another pair with green and pink beads

« Last Edit: July 11, 2004 05:07:58 PM by mj_elizabeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Sassy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004 06:46:30 PM »

very awsome!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratestooge

Avast ye bilge rats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004 08:22:10 PM »

those are cool. i think they'd be better with out the tail ends of the strings but if you cut them your beads might fall off so don't listen to me. They're very pretty, i love the colors you chose
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004 03:43:29 PM »

those are cool. i think they'd be better with out the tail ends of the strings but if you cut them your beads might fall off so don't listen to me. They're very pretty, i love the colors you chose

Cheesy Yea i was going to cut the ends more but I was scared the knot I made would come undone and the beads would fall off. Does anyone have any ideas for securing the beads at the bottom?? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silencepainter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004 04:56:36 PM »

well... for future ideas, instead of using string, use those little pins made for making dangely jewelry.  You can get them at walmart.

As for securing what you have... if you have crimp beads you could slip a crimp bead on and crimp it which would hold everything in place.

The sad thing about nots is there habbit of coming untied when you cut the extra strands off.  Drives me up the wall.  You could probably trim those a little shorter without problem, they honestly don't look bad with the string hanging down though, kind of a cute touch. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shes crafty
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004 05:07:26 PM »

The pins are called headpins.  They have a flat circular piece of metal similar looking to straight pins.  You'll need a pair of wire cutters and needle nose pliers to cut and secure.  Do you have a bead store or Michaels in your town?  They would show you everything you need.  The tools aren't expensive at all!  Look forward to seeing somemore danglies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004 08:47:27 PM »

Thanks everyone for the compliments Cheesy I think I'll get some of those headpins and re-do the earrings. I live in a really small town so its hard to get different jewelry supplies but I should be able to get some head pins soon. I'll try and post pics once I re-do the earrings
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LorettaYoungSkills

burn all the candles out make a wish but not aloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005 07:10:56 AM »

Cheesy Yea i was going to cut the ends more but I was scared the knot I made would come undone and the beads would fall off. Does anyone have any ideas for securing the beads at the bottom?? Huh

Clear nailpolish, its my saviour when it comes to bead crafting : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005 07:13:56 AM »

AH!  I definitely like them with head pins... do ya like them better, elizabeth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005 05:14:13 PM »

AH! I definitely like them with head pins... do ya like them better, elizabeth?

Yea I like them alot better thanks Smiley It's kind of funny that you posted here because i forgot I even made this and after those earrings being lost for a long time I found them last night. weird Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...