A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331452 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
low_budget_diva
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006 04:47:11 PM »

Kristinp: I love the CD favors idea; I might have to steal it! Can you describe how you did the envelope and the ribbon with the little logo thing attached? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
kristinp36
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006 02:55:57 PM »

Kristinp: I love the CD favors idea; I might have to steal it! Can you describe how you did the envelope and the ribbon with the little logo thing attached? Thanks!

Thank you.  I got the cardboard Cd cases from blissweddingsmarket.com

I then whole punched the tags at the top and the bottom.  This is where the trial and error came in.  Once I figured it out it went pretty fast.  I threaded the ribbon front to back through one hole.  I then glued the tail of the ribbon to the back of the tag with a glue stick.  I did all of the tags and let them dry overnight.  Then I threaded the ribbon through the other hole, put it over the cd case, and pulled the end of the ribbon as tight as I could.  This was after I put some glue stick glue on the back of the tag again.  I then used some of those "pop-up" circles you use for scrapebooking on the back two corners of the tag opposite of the ribbon.  This keeps the tag corners from getting bent.

Sounds complicated but it was simple once I got going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristinp36
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006 02:59:41 PM »

kristinp36 - Your stuff looks great!!  How did you make the cake topper?

Thanks

Thank you....

The topper is from weddingcuts.com.  Acrylic mirror 1/4" thick

then I bought various colors and sized of swarovski crystals and attached with craft glue.   It was fun to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BKMGifts

Baskets, diaper cakes and more!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006 06:04:03 PM »

That is a great topper... very unique and modern. I've decided, I'm getting remarried on my 15th anni. I want to design a wedding too!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Speakaboo
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006 12:44:10 PM »

I finished my banners last night.  Wuwu!  I did fourteen.  Seven are brown, and seven are navy blue (although they look kind of black in these photos).  I had planned on doing 7 more in a sage green, but when I realized how much time it was taking me, I nixxed that idea.

And a close-up:

I'm so glad to be done this project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BKMGifts

Baskets, diaper cakes and more!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006 01:10:38 PM »

Those are GORGEOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Speakaboo
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006 08:01:14 PM »

Another project down:  DIY chapel.  I'm not sure this one counts as a craft.  The craftiness will come in when we decorate it, I suppose. Smiley

My fiance sure was crafty with that chainsaw, though. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
slb2724
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2006 08:31:21 PM »

Another project down:  DIY chapel.  I'm not sure this one counts as a craft.  The craftiness will come in when we decorate it, I suppose. Smiley

My fiance sure was crafty with that chainsaw, though. Wink

oh dang! thats sooo awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
anniewaits
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006 11:14:47 AM »

After months of lurking, I joined craftster today to join the fun!  Here's my craft list... pictures to come.

Wedding: 11/4/06

1. Save the Date Card (in progress, fiance finished the design today!)
2. Table Cards & "numbers" (we're Red Sox fans, so each table will be named after a player and each table "number" will look like a baseball card)
3. Ring Bearer's Pillow
4. Flower Girl Basket
5. Veil (started and messed it up, so I need to start over.  The plus side is, I have an excellent fishing net now!)
6. Photo board (at the entrance to the reception, we're having a big fabric-covered canvas up displaying photos of my fiance and I - together, in childhood, with our family and friends.)
7. Bell favors (our reception site does not allow confetti/rice/etc to be tossed unless we pay an extra cleaning charge.  So we're making bell favoris for guests to ring as we exit)
8. Candle votives (these are also in progress - taking simple glass votives, wrapping them in blue vellum that I am stamping with a design)
9. Website (done for the most part with some areas still in progress... www.karenanderik.com)

Man, I have a long way to go...   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Speakaboo
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006 07:32:29 PM »

We got a ton done this week.  Only a few more things to do, including the flower girl outfits (and wings), and the ring bearer's vests (we'll buy the shirts and slacks, I'm getting lazy).

Fan Programs:

Favour Tags - these have a description inside them outlining the medieval uses of herbs.  Some of them are pretty neat.  A few ward off demons...yay!  The tags will be attached to potted herbs, which I'm currently growing (the herbs, not the pots  Cheesy )

Flags - these are the favours for the kids.  They're actually green, but they look black in the photo.

"Guest Book" - the sign describes what this is about, heh.  The fabric in the front is hand-dyed, and will be cut into little leaves that I will applique onto a wall hanging after the wedding.

Pouched Stones - we've encorporated a stone ceremony into the wedding. The guests will hold the stone, channel their good wishes into it, and then make a wish as they deposit it into a wooden bowl after the ceremony.  FFIL is currently making the bowl.  I sewed the little pouches, FI bagged the rocks!

FI's Jacket - this was a PAIN IN THE BUTT to make.  I think it took a total of 20 hours, give or take.  It's lined in brown satin.  That was the real pain.  That crap frayed like crazy!  I'm just happy I had help with it.  It would have ended up an unfinished project, otherwise.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...