A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
212 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332531 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thekster
« Reply #1160 on: May 01, 2008 11:57:00 AM »

OK so I think I'm gunna warm up my glue gun and at least put #8 on
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
thekster
« Reply #1161 on: May 01, 2008 12:15:52 PM »

I don't think I'm liking this Sad And of course I decide this after I've already glued down the first ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 01, 2008 12:29:56 PM »

I like it from what I can tell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
starveil101
« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2008 12:31:11 PM »

I like 5!  The teal-blue looks cool with it and isn't too girly! also thekster, other countries will kill you if you have something like or bible or profess you are a christian, etc. (it's really hard for them b/c of religious persecution and the government's power)  

btw, it is a teal ribbon right? or does it just look like that on the computer?  Although, I just realized you already glued #8.. hum.. I hope you'll find one you like and the ribbon can peel up easy if you are really not liking it? Is it just bad glueing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2008 12:34:30 PM »

Sweets - I know, the picture is horrible. I couldn't get the glue to not squish out and then when I could, I couldn't get the ribbons to center properly, so I don't want to risk screwing it up so I think I'm just leaving it with numberrr uhm 8 I think it was. It looks simple and elegant to me.
Star - 5 is actually a light blue. If it was teal, it would have been neat cuz that's our weding colors! Awww mannn I should have used the ribbon I made from our wedding material. Oh well, I like #8 too. I've got to put it away quickly cuz he's in the other room hah.

So now the outside is completely finished. I was going to print out the pictures for the inside, put my mom's cleaning lady was at out house so I just left before I printed anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2008 12:35:32 PM »

Be sure you let your photos dry/set for a few hours before you put them inside.  You probably already know that, but I'm crazy about reminding people.  I'm sorry. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #1166 on: May 03, 2008 08:46:36 PM »

I'm watching a show called Wedding SOS (on the Fine Living Network) and there's this wedding planner who is just...well... a witch with a B. She's really snooty and she just gives off the impression that she thinks if you don't have a wedding that costs upwards of 50k, it's a piece of crap wedding. And even though I can't stand this woman, I can't stop watching the show, in the hopes that I'll pick up something special for MY wedding, but adapt it so that my wedding doesn't go overbudget.
That reminds me... I saw something kinda neat that I thought maybe I or someone else on here could use. For colored spotlights placed strategicly around the perimeter of the room, you could use candles or flashlights or something in purty decorated cans with colored film over the top. I can't remember where I saw it or I'd show a picture. Does it make sense/ sound good to anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1167 on: May 03, 2008 08:49:22 PM »

Sorta kinda like the ones in the first two pics  on here http://livedesignonline.com/architainment/uvld_and_kim_media_take_to_the_high_seas/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1168 on: May 04, 2008 11:35:20 AM »

So my mom keeps saying something about us needing a pillow to kneel on when we...uhmmm do something. I guess get blessed or something by the minister. We're not Catholic, and I've only seen Catholic wedding people do that. How many of you guys and gals needed a kneeling pillow?
I'll probably end up making one to look similar to the ring bearers' pillows if it turns out we DO need on afterall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnydays914
« Reply #1169 on: May 05, 2008 05:49:24 PM »

So my mom keeps saying something about us needing a pillow to kneel on when we...uhmmm do something. I guess get blessed or something by the minister. We're not Catholic, and I've only seen Catholic wedding people do that. How many of you guys and gals needed a kneeling pillow?
I'll probably end up making one to look similar to the ring bearers' pillows if it turns out we DO need on afterall.

Nope, no kneeling pillow necessary here. We're not Catholic nor are we another one of the religions with lots of old school traditions so stuff like that has never been expected.

Um, 12 days?! We're still working on the thank you gifts for the groomsmen (those darn pocket squares!) and need to design and print the certificates for the bridesmaids' gifts. I have a feeling that the next few days will be a lot of putting centerpieces together. We stopped in at the country clerk this afternoon to apply for our marriage license. Things are coming together fastly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 30 Minute Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...