A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331468 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
*MAR*
« Reply #1070 on: April 16, 2008 06:18:21 PM »

Banga, lovely work on the invites!
Do you remember where you got the lotus flower stamp with the swirl?
It is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: April 16, 2008 08:32:23 PM »

Mar- If you're talking about the floral/wallpaper-y graphic [it's not a lotus, it's more like a stylized mum/carnation] on Banga's invites, it came from istockphoto.com. The original graphic was slightly different, the blossoms were less solid than they are now, I did some tinkering. I am pretty sure the element you're talking about is from the end of the larger flower.

I don't have the graphic bookmarked but it was either from a search for either flowers or flourishes or something like that. [I did the design for her invites, she just gocco'd them].
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 08:35:49 PM by TheBon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1072 on: April 16, 2008 09:26:24 PM »

just posted my invites!  whee! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
sunnydays914
« Reply #1073 on: April 17, 2008 07:28:21 AM »

just posted my invites!  whee! 

Holy Crap! I LOVE the flowers stamped on them. You did a great job.

We're down to a month left!!!! I can't believe it. I still need to get my stuff together for the photobooth and print up about a million instruction, reserved, etc signs plus buy all the miscellaneous little things like paper clips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 17, 2008 07:28:55 AM »

Wow, I can't believe you guys are down to one month left!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1075 on: April 17, 2008 08:46:47 AM »

sunny, that's so exciting!  are you crazy busy, or anxious or freaking out?  i'm afraid of what i'll be like when we have one month to go Cheesy  i can't wait to see all your stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 17, 2008 09:34:44 AM »

One month for me too! Fixed my invitation fiasco, and the rest of them are all going out today. That was a mess of paper cutting and my arm is ridiculously sore from the rotary cutter:)

I just need to rebustle my dress, make my petticoat, clean my dress, make the guestbook, and build the cupcake tree and I will be done with all the diy stuff- i think. I hope. sunnydays is so far ahead of me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #1077 on: April 17, 2008 09:41:30 AM »

sunnydays is so far ahead of me!

Lies! I don't really think that I'm that far ahead.

I'd also like to do a sample scrapbook page to show our guests what we're doing with the notes and pictures they leave with us. I'm doing the pocket squares for the groomsmen's gifts tonight. I bought a yard of black polysatin and am planning on stapling it to paperboard I have laying around the house a la shimmer413 (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=163435.0)
I feel like I might be on top of things now but something is going to pop out of no where and kick me in the face at the last minute.

sunny, that's so exciting!  are you crazy busy, or anxious or freaking out? 

I'm a little of all of that right now! We're both job searching in Michigan so really planning a wedding isn't stressful at all in comparison. It's really enjoyable! I'll freak out about lack of income before the color of the ribbon on something or another.
It is taking me longer and longer to fall asleep at night though!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #1078 on: April 17, 2008 11:33:22 AM »

Mar- If you're talking about the floral/wallpaper-y graphic [it's not a lotus, it's more like a stylized mum/carnation] on Banga's invites, it came from istockphoto.com. The original graphic was slightly different, the blossoms were less solid than they are now, I did some tinkering. I am pretty sure the element you're talking about is from the end of the larger flower.

I don't have the graphic bookmarked but it was either from a search for either flowers or flourishes or something like that. [I did the design for her invites, she just gocco'd them].

That's nice. You did a good job! Bummer it isn't a rubber stamp. 
I guess I was confused by Banga saying her invites were "stamped and ready to go", she must have meant postage stamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #1079 on: April 17, 2008 02:47:32 PM »

That's nice. You did a good job! Bummer it isn't a rubber stamp. 
I guess I was confused by Banga saying her invites were "stamped and ready to go", she must have meant postage stamps.

Yep, that was what I meant!  Wink And the little floral was nabbed from the folded card sample you sent to me, TheBon. The envelopments were looking a bit blah, but I didn't want to use the large graphic again, so when I looked back at the samples I remembered that that little bit would be perfect! I am soo happy I worked that gocco into the wedding budget!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...