A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
177 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331601 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RamenQueen
« Reply #1000 on: March 28, 2008 11:11:20 AM »

well I'm not the bride , BUT... I am the thifty Crafty "think outside the box and make our budget stretch until it screams" go to person in the family ( and a Groomsmaid to boot ) My niece is getting married May 3. SHe's 17 and he's 19 and since they are very non-traditional  Cheesy( They have a baby boy who was born in Nov!) They gave me free rein.  So here is her Dress, Tiara, and Veil....
Dress: Clearence Pprom dress at DEBS 50$
Veil: Attached to a little girls bow at Claires 4$
Tiara: Little girls dept also from CLaires 6$
Total Bridal ensambel ( sans shoes)
60$
*close ups of tiara and veil*
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32169538&l=05267&id=42200272

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32169537&l=9a9c8&id=42200272

Dress

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32169544&l=616a7&id=42200272

Maid Of honor Dress: 35$ At Debs
Matching shoes also at Debs 25$

MOH dress
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32169545&l=6ed25&id=42200272

Random Baby Pic!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32169546&l=f8940&id=42200272

I plan on making a cupcake stand ( no cake just cupcakes) like this one

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=162938.0

ANy comments are appreciated FYI I'm doing all this during college ( I'm 25) So Its crazy for me!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008 11:13:26 AM by RamenQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #1001 on: March 28, 2008 11:48:15 AM »

RamenQueen (your name makes me smile!)
Yay for stretching the budget!

How much more needs to be done? Invitations, centerpieces, are you doing flowers?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1002 on: March 28, 2008 11:52:24 AM »

OHHH ladies... I went through my wedding tubs yesterday to find my J for the cake topper, and I realized how much crap I have that we probably won't even use. Oy. And also, I realized that since we've added more people to the guest list, we don't have enough bubbles! I only bought 66 I think and there's around 80 ppl on the list now. Grrr. Shouldn't be a big deal to go out and buy more though.
So anyways, we're going to a bridal show on Sunday and I'm super excited. We need to look for a place to get our cake made, so I figured I should show up ready with the measurements of our cake stand (or whatever it's called) and see how much space the letters would take up. NOWWW I need to figure out what to attach the letters to so they'll stand up on the cake and how to attach them. I reckon I'll use thin dowel rods and wrap them with wire. I don't know how to purty-'em-up though without making the cake taste gross. Any ideas ladies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 28, 2008 11:59:47 AM »

Bridal shows rock!!  Free samples and cake tasting. Grin Grin  Everyone wants to be your best friend there, ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
RamenQueen
« Reply #1004 on: March 28, 2008 12:05:21 PM »

RamenQueen (your name makes me smile!)
Yay for stretching the budget!

How much more needs to be done? Invitations, centerpieces, are you doing flowers?

Glad you like my name Sunnydays!

Flowers and decorations are done ( aka free, my cousin got married in Feb so we used her colors and she "gifted" us 100 Candles , Faux flowers for teh reception and ribbions)

I just have to make a Ballon arch ( any ideas?)
and finsh assembling the invites ( Dollar tree 10 for a dollar Ivory with gold trim and embossed designs plus you use the foam sticky thing *like in scarpbooking* to add two gold glittery 3d rings to the invite!)

It's a small wedding ...maybe 60  ppl.
Center pieces will be those candles Plus a Pic of Kahla, Anthony and thier Son Christopher, in a clear dish ( my cousin also gifted those)

Teh whole wedding In/c Food, Dresses, Tuxes, Flowers etc will be <$500!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1005 on: March 28, 2008 12:24:58 PM »

OOOH cake tastings! Darn this diet to heck. I'm really excited to go; I'm so glad I was able to get someone to cover me at work (it never fails; they ALWAYS have it on a day I'm supposed to work!)
RamenQueen -  there was an episode of Mythbusters where they had to do something with columns of balloons tied together, and some balloon guy showed them a faster way and supposedly easier way of tying them altogether. I'll search episode listings to try to find it for you after work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

sunnydays914
« Reply #1006 on: March 28, 2008 12:31:50 PM »

I reckon I'll use thin dowel rods and wrap them with wire. I don't know how to purty-'em-up though without making the cake taste gross. Any ideas ladies?

I vote for wide grosgrain ribbon to match your colors and a little bit o' hot glue magic. I have a thing for grosgrain... it goes everywhere and isn't as poly-shiney as satin ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1007 on: March 28, 2008 12:40:30 PM »

Ribbon on the dowel rod? I just meant to cover the wood for anything that stick out of the cake.
Man, I hope we can find a cake place that will duplicate the original top tier for us on our 1 year anniversary so we don't have to eat a year old icky cake
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: March 28, 2008 12:44:24 PM »

I love bridal shows! I went to a Bridal event at Macy's and got so much stuff! I got a spatula, a clinique mascara, perfume samples, Ralph Lauren toasting flutes, an Oneida cake serving knife, and of course, free cake, appetizer, and champagne samples! Then on top of that, I got a door prize (a circulon chef's pan, suggested value: $140!!) It was awesome, there's one at Bloomingdales in my area soon. I have never set foot in Bloomingdales because it's so pricey, but I will definitely go for free stuff  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
sunnydays914
« Reply #1009 on: March 28, 2008 12:47:30 PM »

Ribbon on the dowel rod? I just meant to cover the wood for anything that stick out of the cake.
Man, I hope we can find a cake place that will duplicate the original top tier for us on our 1 year anniversary so we don't have to eat a year old icky cake

Hmmm... the ribbon works in my head but perhaps we're not envisioning the same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...