A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
200 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331467 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thekster
« Reply #820 on: February 05, 2008 03:42:31 PM »

Hmm I've never heard of that glue. Do you just put it on the image (between the rock and paper) or did you put it on both sides of the paper, to kinda seal the paper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2008 04:05:30 PM »

I got this bottle at Walmart. It's distributed by Duncan (the paint people) Here's what it looks like:

I just put glue on the paper in between it and the rock. I might go back and seal it on the back when I'm done with all of them. But that depends on how long it takes me to make enough!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #822 on: February 05, 2008 04:31:49 PM »

Oh, duh, I've seen that glue before. I guess I've just never looked close enough to know the brand or whatever. You probably put this already, but where/how are you going to use them? If you use them on the dinner tables or anywhere where water spillage could be a possibility, and you plan to keep them, I think I'd seal them, just for safety's sake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 05, 2008 09:26:17 PM »

Ah, I have done zero crafty due to school and illness:( But, my print gocco came, my sister is drawing a design for my invitations, and hopefully I can get that all moving along soon.

I'm glad you are all having much more progress than me! ehinders, I really like the idea of having those marbles with the centerpieces, and I love the words you chose for them. That's a great idea!

Next week my mom and I are going to find fabric for one of my dresses that she's making, and I think I will finally start to feel like I'm getting stuff done. Why must weddings be so stressful? I'm still having no luck on the cupcake tree, hopefully sunnydays' friend will know where to get one. I've seen other ideas I like, but not nearly as much as that one. I think I've relinquished the idea of baking all the cupcakes myself though:) I'm going to have the grocery store down there make a bunch, but I'll fill them and frost them. I'm probably going to have chocolate with raspberry filling and this yummy frosting we make, and then lemon or vanilla with lemon curd filling and...some kind of frosting. I'm sure it's still a lot to do, but probably no more than 150 cupcakes, so I can manage. I'm sure I'm going to kill myself over this wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2008 07:10:08 AM »

I'm still having no luck on the cupcake tree, hopefully sunnydays' friend will know where to get one. I've seen other ideas I like, but not nearly as much as that one.

Frogeyesalad, I did get a response back from my friend. She told me that a family friend made it for her. I asked what it was made of and how it was made, but I haven't heard anything yet. There is a website (http://cupcaketreesonline.com/products that sells the trees but I was shocked when I saw the $300+ price tag. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2008 08:12:27 AM »

Thekster- I'm putting a few around each centerpiece. I think you're right, i should probably seal them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

Too. Many. Hobbies.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2008 09:05:12 AM »

My wedding isn't until January, but I'm so excited that I want to start crafting now!

Here's what will be DIY:
Invitations- we're going to buy one of those big boxes at Jo-Ann and run it through the printer.
Centerpieces- 1 down, 5 to go.  Need to buy supplies for the rest (see my post titled "our sweet $15 DIY centerpiece")
Placecards- no idea what I'm going to do for these.  Somehow learn caligraphy?
Pre-ceremony and reception music- we're going to make a "mix tape" for this.
Favors- I have something in mind but the FH doesn't like it so much.  We'll have to poke around more to find something we both like.

And that's about it.  The lady at the bridal shop picked out the perfect jewelry and headpiece.  They match the dress soooo well.  So I won't be making my own jewelry like I wanted to.  We're not going to have save the date cards because our wedding is going to be very small, and everyone already knows the date.  Yeah.  I'll post more when I start making this stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2008 01:34:58 PM »

If you get a good book and some nice pens, calligraphy isn't actually that hard! I'm teaching myself so I can address my invites. You can just go with a simple style and realize it may not look like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/758197922/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2008 01:35:32 PM »

If you get a good book and some nice pens, calligraphy isn't actually that hard! I'm teaching myself so I can address my invites. You can just go with a simple style and realize it may not look like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/758197922/

It better look EXACTLY like that! Cheesy  No pressure. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2008 01:35:55 PM »

Aw man I wish I could do calligraphy like that.
Heck, I wish I could do it at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...