A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331533 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rhettsmommy
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2008 09:27:02 AM »

I have yet to try the Cricut!  But I'm sooo excited about it too!  My future MIL got it for me after seeing how "crafty" I was with the wedding invitations and Christmas presents!  Yay for that!  I've read all the books that came with it, and am  (I think) ready to give it a shot, hopefully, this weekend!

I am loving the kraft paper idea more and more too,  maybe as part of the "guest book" table???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2008 09:30:26 AM »

so lucky, rhettsmommy!  i wish someone would gift me a cricut  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
sunnydays914
« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2008 09:51:05 AM »

That would be fun to do on the guest book table although, would you keep it to display after?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #783 on: February 01, 2008 09:53:09 AM »

Don't know.  I'll still have the guest book pages I am working on, kinda craft project, will post when I get it all figured out.  But I could just roll it up, maybe use it for "wallpaper" on the bottom of theh bar in the game room???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #784 on: February 01, 2008 09:59:47 AM »

That could be fun! That was my biggest problem with the guest book. I didn't want to to disappear after that day.
I'm trying to make my wedding crafts as multifunctional as possible. I have a feeling I'm going to be giving little tin pails of flowers for every birthday and holiday for the next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #785 on: February 01, 2008 10:19:58 AM »

you crack me up.  I was thinking the same thing with the $1.99 vases I got at Ikea!  Thinking they'd be the "gift box"  for lots of things!  I feel the same, I don't want it to just sit on a shelf with a list of names in it.  I'm doina page that has the guest draw a pic of themselves and asks a few funny questions about us and their predictions for us.  Plus I have the way cool leather notebook my Dad had made for us to put it in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #786 on: February 01, 2008 10:56:48 AM »

I totally forgot about my twenty-four 11 3/4 inch cylindrical vases. groan!

I am quite jealous of the leather notebook!

We're going to have paper for advice instead of a traditional guest book. We are asking our guests to bring a picture of themselves with one of us or just their family (if they can't fine one with either of us in it).  Then (somehow) we'll put the picture and the advice together, collect and organize them after the wedding, and create a scrapbook/photo album with them. I'm really waaaay excited about it!

The FH wants to try out scrapbooking so there is no way I'll stop him (not my cup of tea, or coffee, or margarita, or anything really).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 01, 2008 10:57:56 AM »

Our guests had a field day with the ceramic tiles and markers.  They've all been baked and set and I've designed the table, but winter took over my workspace...grumble. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sunnydays914
« Reply #788 on: February 01, 2008 11:17:58 AM »

I'm excited to see the finished project Sweets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #789 on: February 01, 2008 01:10:27 PM »

I totally forgot about my twenty-four 11 3/4 inch cylindrical vases. groan!

I am quite jealous of the leather notebook!

We're going to have paper for advice instead of a traditional guest book. We are asking our guests to bring a picture of themselves with one of us or just their family (if they can't fine one with either of us in it).  Then (somehow) we'll put the picture and the advice together, collect and organize them after the wedding, and create a scrapbook/photo album with them. I'm really waaaay excited about it!

The FH wants to try out scrapbooking so there is no way I'll stop him (not my cup of tea, or coffee, or margarita, or anything really).

I've been thinking about doing this type of thing too, but I'm wary about asking people to bring something with them. I'm afraid lots of people will just forget! But the cost of polaroids (though really fun!) can be steep, so I've yet to make a decision! I don't want to burden someone with the job of standing there with a camera and catching a photo of each guest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...