A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331565 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #720 on: January 28, 2008 03:43:06 PM »

I don't have time to look through the whole thread right now, because I'm supposed to be laying down. (I'm sick) But my curiosity got the best of me and I had to at least peek at some of the posts, and post myself. Everyone's stuff looks wonderful, and I'm totally psyched to get a move on with my own wedding crafts.

My fiance and I will be taking the big plunge October 10, 2008 and I'm trying to keep it very fall themed, with mixes of our backgrounds sprinkled in. Such as.. my love wearing a kilt! Cheesy And my dress being custom made to incorporate a sash with his family's tartan colours.

So.. the things I need to work on are..

* Save the Date Magnets
* Invites and RSVP Cards
* Thank you notes
* Place card holders (I'm thinking polymer clay apples and pumpkins)
* Table and place cards
* DESIGN MY DRESS (This I reeeeaaaally need to do a.s.a.p)
* My jewelry (possibly)
* Bridesmaids gifts
* Favours
* Bouquets
* Garter
* Centerpieces
* Card Box

I'm sure there's more. I'm trying to make the wedding as cute, crafty and totally "us" as his proposal was.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #721 on: January 28, 2008 03:49:03 PM »

squee!  we're doing the kilt/sash thing as well... i'm always excited to see someone else doing this Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

« Reply #722 on: January 29, 2008 05:05:27 PM »

OK, after five revisions, I have my final invitation design!! ...and a question.

First thing's first:

Now, my question. We'd like to invite our out-of-town guests over for a barbeque 'rehearsal' dinner the night before the wedding. To get an idea of how much food we'd need, I'd like to ask guests to RSVP to the dinner as well. As you can tell, though, my wording isn't so hot.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to phrase the double RSVP, I'd be really grateful. It's a pretty casual affair, so anything goes! Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008 05:06:52 PM by dellastella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #723 on: January 29, 2008 05:18:03 PM »

If anyone has any suggestions on how to phrase the double RSVP, I'd be really grateful. It's a pretty casual affair, so anything goes! Thanks in advance!

send a separate invitation - separate RSVP - and on that one, you can say something to the effect of "to make sure we have enough food for everyone, please RSVP by XX/XX/XX (the date)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
thekster
« Reply #724 on: January 29, 2008 05:27:08 PM »

OK, our invites are getting closer to being done, but they're still no where close (hah!)
We were planning forever to have it at a pavilion on the very edge of TX buuuut finally we've decided it's just too big for us. (We're only inviting between 50-100 people, and the pavilion can have between 500-800 people.)
There was another place that was a possibility, but it's kinda ugly on the outside so I really didn't want it... It's called something like Evelyn Kennedy Center in the same area as the pavilion. We went into LP today to look at both of them, but no one was at the Pavilion to show it to us, so we just looked at the EKC... It's a lot better than I thought (well, it could use a bit of sprucing up) and it will probably work a lot better for us than the pavilion. It's priced better too. $25/hour, $200 deposit, $25 per officer/per hour for security as opposed to $500 (I don't remember how many hours) $500 deposit, same security rate. Also, the pavilion had an approved catering list that you had to pick one of the caterers from and you couldn't bring in any food except for the cake, and they had a kitchen that only the caterer could use. The EKC you can use their kitchen, you can bring in whatever food you want so we could do a potluck type thing or a caterer from anywhere we wanted. And the EKC's capacity is between 150-200. It seems pretty much like a good deal.

They provide tables and chairs, but the tables are all rectangular I think. With rectangular tables, do you just have centerpieces every so often, or just one per table? That seems odd to me. Also, I really don't want to spend money on chair coverings if we don't have to, but I don't know if they have 50 chairs that match (they showed us the chairs and some matched but I don't know how many)... Would it look okay to have chairs uncovered? They're like school chairs (I think Sweets had chairs similar but hers were red?)
I had another question but I forgot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 29, 2008 05:36:26 PM »

There are different lengths of rectangular tables.  Do you recall how long they were (or how many people you could sit on each side)?

I'm sure it's a personal preference and totally depends on the size of your centerpiece.  Do you have your centerpiece idea picked out already?

Yep, mine were red chairs, which happened to match our wedding colors. Cheesy  Depending on how many mismatch, you could use one for a DJ, some at the head table and maybe the rest would match for the guests?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #726 on: January 29, 2008 05:47:31 PM »

I could only see the small end of the table, but she said they seat 10. I don't know if that includes the ends or not.
My idea for a centerpiece was kinda one more suited to a circular table - mirrors with candles or something on top. I've seen some cute ones though that are like long glass troughs (that doesn't look spelled right to me) filled with water and floating flowers or candles... I dunno.
The chairs were mostly black I think, with some dark blue. They were different styles too - ones with three slender long holes in the back, and some that were solid. I wish I would have taken pictures but I think we may go back tomorrow to put the deposit down, and I'll take 'em then. We're most likely not having a DJ.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 29, 2008 05:51:10 PM »

The long troughs are pretty!  I've seen those on rectangular tables.  They look very elegant... simple & elegant.

Take a notepad with you tomorrow... a notepad, tape measure and camera.  Lots of notes!  Count the chairs, measure the tables, check where outlets in the room are, too.  K...I'm a little crazy, but I swear all of that stuff really helped me once I got home and started planning the room out in my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sunnydays914
« Reply #728 on: January 29, 2008 07:49:26 PM »

They provide tables and chairs, but the tables are all rectangular I think. With rectangular tables, do you just have centerpieces every so often, or just one per table?... Would it look okay to have chairs uncovered?

I was MOH for a wedding this past June and their tables were rectangular. They fit 8 (I think?) so we did two smaller centerpieces per table. The wider ones just wouldn't work because they took up too much space on the table. Oh! I just thought of something, check plate size verses the width of the table. That way you'll at least know the size of centerpiece that you are looking for. Big plates + wide centerpiece + narrow table = At least one spilled glass of something tasty.

I'm going without the chair covers basically because it isn't in the budget to cover 200+ chairs (Yikes, that's a big number!). I'm curious to hear the answers about the chair covers too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zarafa
« Reply #729 on: January 29, 2008 08:28:27 PM »

ditto on the chair covers.  the chairs we got from our rental company are white and pretty decent looking and i really don't want to have to hassle with covers.  plus i think they are a little more fancy than what our reception mood is going to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...