A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 336333 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sunnydays914
« Reply #620 on: December 08, 2007 09:04:24 AM »

This is weird, but I really love that ampersand.
What font is that / was it altered?

The font is Bickham Script Pro (standard in all Adobe apps). It's not altered, its just an alternate style. Tthe font is opentype which means there are lots o' different glyphs. The K, th, e, n are all "specialized."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #621 on: December 08, 2007 05:40:02 PM »

That makes me sad... I have Adobe Imageready, Photoshop, and Reader and I can't find that font anywhere. And to DL it you have to pay 105 bucks :*(
It looks really great though... Can't wait to see the rest of your website!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
zarafa
« Reply #622 on: December 22, 2007 04:18:10 PM »

what happened to all the crafting??  Smiley

so its christmas break so i finally got some stuff done.

first up is the chest for holding cards at the reception.  it was $20 unfinished at JoAnn.  i stained and polyurethaned it, then lined it with some fabric i had lying around.  fittingly enough, the fabric has a leaf pattern on it. how fallish...

i also made some corn sacs which will be part of the gift baskets for the bridesmaids. they are made of super soft flannel.  its a dark brown with a faint, ornate paisley pattern on it.

bridesmaid wrap #1 is finished and #2 is about a foot long thus far.  each one has a slightly different lace pattern, though its really hard to get a feel for the pattern before the wrap is finished and blocked.  they are about five feet long (or one is... the rest will be)

and today at goodwill i found some cute little matching baskets that should work for the flowergirls.  i'll have to stain them and will probably work some ribbon in somehow as well.  my goal is to have the baskets and the unity candle done before school starts.  and we have an appointment with the paper store to go over what we'll need to put together our own invites as well. they are going to let us poke through all their books for ideas.  i can't wait! Smiley  (sorry for all the pictures)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #623 on: December 23, 2007 07:57:57 AM »

Wow, at least someone has been still working on wedding stuff.  I've been comsumed with Christmas gift crafting so the wedding crafting has taken a back burner!
Love the card box!  Love the wraps too!  What are corn sacks?  Sounds interesting! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2007 05:39:51 PM »

I'm in the same boat as rm. I've been so busy modpodging Christmas-y things that I haven't done more than sew another foot or so of trim on my veil.

I am completely impressed by the beauty of your maid's wrap. I'm sure they will love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #625 on: December 26, 2007 01:42:37 PM »

christmas has taken over my life for two months, but i'm organizing my wedding crap (er, i mean "supplies") as i type this...  remembering more projects i'll need to take care of in the near future as i'm seeing stuff i'd forgotten about.  i'm also organizing by type and making a list of what's in each box. 

projects happening soon are: card box, invitation printing & assembling, tying up bundles of crayons to go with activity books...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #626 on: December 27, 2007 04:28:54 PM »

i'm getting hitched in may... of 2009.  me and fiance have been together since may 1999, so that's how we decided on the date.

i'm soooo glad for this thread... there's a lot of pages to read up on.  our wedding is going to be diy and nontraditional, and i'm thankful for all your ideas and sharing.

i love craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #627 on: December 27, 2007 04:41:28 PM »

yay! another wedding to follow!  i'm excited... let us know what you're up to with wedding projects, h_pets360!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: December 27, 2007 04:47:24 PM »

heh, well the FIRST is picking a theme of sorts i guess.  and location.

we're thinking about our house, which isn't huge but our wedding probobly won't be either.  most of our friends and family are out of town, so it'll probobly just be close family.  i'm very likely going to regret this assumption though  Roll Eyes.  we're also considering mount tabor park (gorgeous), libraries, and a local movie theater.

i'm lucky we've got lots of time to plan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #629 on: December 27, 2007 04:53:46 PM »

we considered a movie theater... come to think of it, i'm not sure why exactly that didn't happen.  but i would have loved to have a home reception/backyard ceremony, too.  keep us posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...