A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331637 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

I'm kinda nuts but really sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: November 27, 2007 02:53:24 PM »

I wore almost that exact same dress with a more empire waist and slightly different neckline.  I loved it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blottedcopybook
Broke it. What can I use it for?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: November 27, 2007 02:57:52 PM »

Haha no worries!

Yeah both dresses are absolutely stunning, the dress I wanted is a Ginnis dress and I actually saw it on a tv programme (Monarch of the Glen, for any UK folk or BBC world service fans!) but the dress I bought was only the second dress I tried on and I had to have it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #512 on: November 27, 2007 03:33:01 PM »

Man, TWO pages since I last read?? I went to Hobby Lobby today and was thinking as I shopped "I should post something since there's been such a lull in wedding posts." (Yes, I'm lame and think about crafster all the time.)
Soooo yeah I went to Hobby Lobby and they FINALLY had the bridal stuff on sale. I bought a bunch of things: the white sandals that say "bride" on the part where your foot goes and underneath it'll stamp "Just Married" in the sand, 2 compacts that I most likely will return cuz they feel totally fake. cake cutting set that also feels fake but oh well, cake stand, pink rose petals and white petals with pearls in the middle and a wedding photo box that's really pretty but I think it's misisng 1-2 parts.
Sweets - did yours look very much like this:

It was the one that was originally 50 dollars. I'm debating whether or not to keep it since you said you rented yours for 25 but then had the money returned afterwards. I don't know if we'll find a bakery that has one for the same price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 27, 2007 04:39:18 PM »

I think $25 is a great deal if you aren't sure if your baker will have something you like/will have the rental dealie.  You could always sell it on Craigslist after the fact (shipping on Ebay would probably suck).

It looks quite similar ('cept mine was obviously square):

To give you an idea, my bottom layer was 10".  Be sure to take the stand with you or measure it for when you're out cake shopping.  You'll want to "fit" your bottom layer to the stand.  ...just one of those thing you might not think of later on when you're out rushing about tasting cakes. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #514 on: November 27, 2007 07:52:01 PM »

Hmmm why did I think you had a circular one too?
I can take it back if I find a baker in I think 60 days but I don't want to deal with that. :/ I'll probably just keep it though.
(Does your cake have a ribbon around the bottom of it or is that icing?)
Is your cake stand heavy? Cuz I have a sneaking suspicious mine is fake but considering the price, I'm not sure.
erwejkrh grrr I can't wait to have all this crap done with. I think soon we'll have the location booked, and then a lot of stuff can get a move on Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 28, 2007 04:56:19 AM »

I wanted a circular one.  Maybe you're in my head. Cheesy  I didn't mind the square one, but if they would have had a circular one, I would have taken that instead.

It's ribbon around the bottom.  I gave him a spool of the dark red ribbon that I used from making the flowers to match the piping color and line each layer with ribbon.

Yeah, the cake stand was really heavy.

erwejkrh grrr I can't wait to have all this crap done with. I think soon we'll have the location booked, and then a lot of stuff can get a move on Smiley
My hubby was saying that up until we drove off for our honeymoon. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sunnydays914
« Reply #516 on: November 28, 2007 06:40:28 AM »

OK! Talk about shotgun wedding, I'm getting married on February 8th and I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm unbelievably nervous. And panicked. I've done nothing yet!!

Don't panic! The ladies on this forum are really, really good with weddings and ideas.

Do you know how many people you want to invite? That determines so much like food, cake size, number of invites, favors, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #517 on: November 28, 2007 11:57:20 AM »

Sweets, I'm in everybody's head! *spooky/creepy noise*
The ribbon looks GREAT with your cake and all it's design, but I dunno if I'd want ribbon on my cake. Or anything inedible (besides the topper) on it. Ehhh I'm just weird I guess.
And mine's not all that heavy soooo dang. Mine's a fakey, like almost all the other crap we have haha. Why does anything with the word "wedding" in it almost automatically go up eight million dollars? (or whatever)Grrr everytime I look at your cake, I want to eat it.
BCB (blottedcopybook) - At least Feb 8 isn't like next month. You still have about 2 months and a few days. You can actually get quite a bit done in that amount of time; you might just have to downsize on some things you may have wanted to do. Your location is GORGEOUS. *jealous* Smiley I feel like I was going to say something else but I forgot
Ruby -
I like your table numbers. I bet you hated doing all the cutting with the Xacto. My sister just got me a Cricut and that would be a PERFECT job for it. I think I'll steal your idea! The only problem is, I only have 2 fonts and I don't really like either, but their cartriged are 60 bucks each. Sad. And I thought you cake topper was actually metal. Good job! If my little J/L are too small, I may pull your little trick. I'm an idea stealer! Oh no!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blottedcopybook
Broke it. What can I use it for?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2007 02:13:07 PM »

Don't panic! The ladies on this forum are really, really good with weddings and ideas.

Do you know how many people you want to invite? That determines so much like food, cake size, number of invites, favors, etc.

For the meal I think there's around 70 *eek* and another 100 for the evening. I'm more and more liking the idea of just running away though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2007 07:06:48 PM »

Okay, I need your opinions.  I finished the headpieces for my niece (the flowergirl), had no intentions of making two, but once I got started, I figured better see what I could do... her dress is ivory with a tan sash.  she will be carrying a brown basket with turquoise ribbon on the handle with red rose petals and I think red shoes (have not found them yet). 

the red flowers have turquoise beads in the center

turquoise "berries" and red beads

Cannot decide which I like best.  Whichever one I (we) pick will have turquoise ribbin hanging down her back (that matches the basket handle)

Not DIY but still exciting...

"S" cake topper came in.  Can't decide if I should do some thing with a K & D, maybe make some using the turquoise beads I have on everything.  What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...