A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
187 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331469 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sunnydays914
« Reply #490 on: November 19, 2007 06:09:26 PM »

I love pearls too. Everything I am crafting to wear is covered with pearls. Even my dress has them Smiley

Yay for hairspray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 19, 2007 06:17:54 PM »

My blue was a ring my mom gave me when I moved out into my first apartment.  It was an Avon ring that I always tried to steal out of her jewelry box when I was little & playing dress up. Grin  I slid it down in my bouquet over one of the stems.  This isn't a picture of my bouquet, but a picture of the ring on a bush in our front yard. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
longtimegeek
Still crazy after all these years....

betta and betta....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: November 19, 2007 07:09:48 PM »

It was an Avon ring that I always tried to steal out of her jewelry box when I was little & playing dress up. Grin 

That is so sweet -- I actually think the whole poem is that it is not all about the acquiring a 'new' life but remembering to lean on others and bring some of your past with you.   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007 07:10:15 PM by longtimegeek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 19, 2007 07:17:55 PM »

It was an Avon ring that I always tried to steal out of her jewelry box when I was little & playing dress up. Grin 

That is so sweet -- I actually think the whole poem is that it is not all about the acquiring a 'new' life but remembering to lean on others and bring some of your past with you.  

Thanks!

I totally agree. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
rhettsmommy
« Reply #494 on: November 20, 2007 11:17:31 AM »

sunnydays:  I love the bobby pin idea!  I was thinking I needed to have my hair back off my face, and that would be perfect! I don't have any pearls in my scheme, but i do have lots of small turquoise beeds left over from the ones i made to hang fromt eh tablecloth overlays.  I'll try to do a sample and see what you guys think!
I am a crier too, I cry at every wedding I go to, can't even imagine how I'm going to be at my own! 

woobie: I love the hankie (napkin) flower idea, I'll have to try it and see how it turns out.  Only thing is the hankie is white, and there will be no white (except my ivory dress)!

Guess you could say I wanted to stand out!  Hopefully not like a sore thumb!

thekster: oops, yes, I did mean the neckace for my something blue, as it already is my something borrowed. 

sweets:  the story of the ring and it being your something blue is great! I know my grandma has a ring with blue stones (it was my grandfathers birthstone), maybe she'll let me borrow it for my something blue!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jacktastic
« Reply #495 on: November 20, 2007 01:14:22 PM »

rm - thanks for the IKEA tip! I didn't even think of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #496 on: November 20, 2007 01:28:46 PM »

No problem!  made me remember that I need to pick up a few more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #497 on: November 20, 2007 01:39:45 PM »

Hmm... I missed the IKEA tip. I'll have to read again.
Sweets, I love that story of the ring too... I wish I could do something like that. My grandma has lots of elaborate rings, but her fingers are tiny and mine are ginormous so that combination doesn't work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
thekster
« Reply #498 on: November 20, 2007 01:42:29 PM »

Found the ikea tip. Smiley
I can't wait until we get the stupid location reserved already. Then I can start making my invitations/programs and figuring out how many tables we need and buying/making things for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
rhettsmommy
« Reply #499 on: November 20, 2007 02:11:13 PM »

I have EXTRA large hands myself.  I just spoke with my Granny, the ring I wanted to  borrow was stolen.  UUrgh!  So I guess I'll have to keep thinking about my something blue...she said she has a necklace of my great grandmothers I could borrow, maybe I could wear it under neath the turquoise one and have the turquoise one be my something blue.  Too much to think about right now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...