A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331600 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sunnydays914
« Reply #480 on: November 18, 2007 06:18:53 PM »

Something Old: My rings. My dad's grandmother died when he was 13 and his mother received her wedding and engagement rings. When my FH asked my parent's permission to marry me, they told my grandparents who then asked my FH if he wanted to give me her ring. He did and I love it! It couldn't be more perfect.
Something New: Close to everything I will be wearing... my dress, shoes, veil, jewelry etc
Something borrowed: I am borrowing my mom's slip-thing from her wedding for under my dress
Something blue: I have a blue glass teardrop pendant that my grandmother (mom's mom) wore for her wedding which was also passed on to her younger sister and nieces. My MOH and I are crafting this into a necklace with freshwater pearls.

No sixpence for me either.

In other news, I finished the unity candle today!

Thanks for all the compliments on the dress ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starveil101
« Reply #481 on: November 18, 2007 08:38:28 PM »

Oooh! Thanks sweets4ever and TheBon!  That makes more sense, I thought it had to do with the skirt Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 19, 2007 04:22:14 AM »

Oooh! Thanks sweets4ever and TheBon!  That makes more sense, I thought it had to do with the skirt Smiley

You're welcome!

I did at first, too.  My brain insisted on thinking it had to do with the skirt because of privacy panels on desks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
rhettsmommy
« Reply #483 on: November 19, 2007 12:51:30 PM »

Okay everyone...I did not get any of my "wedding things to do" accomplished this weekend.  I did however get our dining room painted and am feeling good about the Holidays now! 

Something old:  My step-dad's hankie (he is passed away).  Have not decided yet where I'll keep it, maybe around my flowers?  Any suggestions?Huh

Something new:  My dress, ring, new cowboy boots I'm having custom made with our brand on them...so excited about them!

Something borrowed:  Turquoise necklace from a family friend.

Something blue:  Still working on this one.  Undies maybe?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #484 on: November 19, 2007 01:30:00 PM »

sunny - the ribbon looks green now! Smiley
rm - you could always use the necklace for your borrowed AND blue. *shrugs* I may use the headpiece my grandma and mom used so that would be my something borrowed and old, and possibly even new too since we're putting a new veil on it if I do use it. I'd probably have other things for those categories too though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
jacktastic
« Reply #485 on: November 19, 2007 01:40:59 PM »

I'm getting hitched too!

The date: March 15

Stuff being done by me:
STDs (done)
invites, (mocked up and in production this weekend)
programs, (have a layout in mind, just not complete yet)
placecards, (haven't touched this one yet)
favors (we're donating to the American Cancer Society, so these are little cards to let people know - what they'll look like yet, I don't know),
centerpieces,
and music (laptop + mixer + amp, no DJ)

As a semi-practicing graphic designer, I've taken on all the paper projects with gusto -the centerpieces though . . . AAAAAGGGHHHH. Anyone have a kickass site for ideas? I'm trying to spend $20 or less per table and I got some amazing table runners from the dollar store, but I need tall vases, which are SO expensive, even at discount places it seems.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #486 on: November 19, 2007 01:58:19 PM »

jacktastic:  Congrats on your wedding, I am a march bride as well 03/29.  I am doing vases on the bp and families tables, i got them from Ikea for $1.00 each!  They have various shapes and styles, check them out.

thekster:  I did think about the necklace for my something borrowed too, and will probably do that unless I (or other fellow craftsters) can come up with something.  I love the fact that you're using the headpiece your mom and grandma used. WOW, how cool is that?!?! 

I can't decide what to do with my hair, since it's short, i don't know if i want to wear a veil or not.  I was thinking maybe a flower or two?  I have been growing it out ( it's still short though)  I do love it short, but just can't decide  on a wedding style.  Any suggestions on short wedding hair / accessories?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #487 on: November 19, 2007 02:32:26 PM »

I can't decide what to do with my hair, since it's short, i don't know if i want to wear a veil or not.  I was thinking maybe a flower or two?  I have been growing it out ( it's still short though)  I do love it short, but just can't decide  on a wedding style.  Any suggestions on short wedding hair / accessories?

I really love pearls in the hair, especially when coupled with flowers. When my hair was short I made bobby pins with pearls glued on the straight side and strategically placed them where they wouldn't fall out and where they could best be seen.

About the hankie, in every wedding I've stood up in I've inserted a hankie or tissue within my bouquet. I am a crier so having that extra assurance that I won't have tears and snot dripping down my face in the middle of the ceremony is completely worth it. The hankie-in-flowers trick can look really nice if it's not all bunchy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woobie
« Reply #488 on: November 19, 2007 04:26:07 PM »

Something old:  My step-dad's hankie (he is passed away).  Have not decided yet where I'll keep it, maybe around my flowers?  Any suggestions?Huh

How about having the hankie folded like a flower and incorporated into your bouquet?..  I've seen this done with an heirloom handkerchief before and it came off really nice.  I don't know how to go about making a flower from a handkerchief, so before I suggested it I googled it to see if there were any instructions.. the only thing I found was for paper napkins but the idea could probably be adapted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #489 on: November 19, 2007 05:53:57 PM »

Oh man... I love the ideas of the pearl bobby pins (pearls are all throughout my wedding) and the hankie in the flowers! I think I may try to incorporate both.
rm - I don't know if I will end up using it cuz it's all yellowed and DEFINATELY not my taste. It has these weird pieces that go down your face a bit and look kinda star-ish. Hopefully, my friend from Cosmo will be able to figure out a way to make it look a bit more updated without actually altering the headpiece.
Do you mean the necklace for your something blue? Cuz it's already borrowed and we can't really help you figure out what to borrow. Smiley Bon wore blue nailpolish - maybe you could do that? Or maybe a blue hairclip.
I don't remember HOW short your hair is (based on your avatar) but it's still possible to do an updo with some short hair. You just have to use LOTS of hairspray and creativity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...