A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
112 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331473 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thekster
« Reply #360 on: October 11, 2007 09:26:44 PM »

5 - 10 dollars? Is that even possible???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2007 04:59:00 AM »

Cheesy!!  The magazines cost $5 - 10.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #362 on: October 12, 2007 06:08:13 PM »

Ohhhh hahah sorry. Blonde moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

thekster
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2007 10:46:26 PM »

I'm so excited! I just bought my shoes today. They're lacey and have a peek-toe or whatever it's called and stilleto. The only thing is that they're silver, and my dress is white. I figure silver isn't bad though since I have silver in some of my other stuff and they're going to be covered most of the time anyways.
I was so depressed this weekend though. Some of my friends from Cosmetology and I went to the mall, and ended up shoe-shopping for the wedding, and the last place we went to was JC Penny's I think... I saw some shoes that were similar to the ones I saw in Payless a lonnnng time ago and loved. The original ones were white dyeables with a pointy toe, stilleto heels, and a pearl strap. The ones at Penny's were pointy toe, stiletto heels with two rows of tiny pearls on the strap and along the edge of the foot part (crappy description, I know.) I've gained quite a bit of weight since my dad died, and I didn't realize that my calves have become so untoned (they used to be CRAZY toned. Pretty much the only part of my body I liked hah) and when I tried on the shoes, the strap was really tight on my ankle. I didn't realize you could gain weight in your ankle! GRRR.
Long story. Sorry.
Also, we've pretty much decided we're going to have our wedding at the Sylvan Beach Pavilion at 6, and since we'll most likely have it there, I've also decided that I want the original three bridesmaids I decided on, plus 2 more. 5! We won't have enough groomsmen though probably :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2007 10:51:33 PM »

I want need to see your shoes!

Aww... sorry about your bad shoe weekend.  Yeah, you can totally gain weight in your ankles.  (I got sun poisoning on vacation in Florida last summer and my legs and ankles swelled up huggge.  Mr.sweets4ever swears that's what they're gonna look like when we have babies. Tongue)

Woohoo, 5 maids!  Very exciting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2007 11:00:35 PM »

Haha the first thing I wanted to do when I got home was take pictures to post on here. I'm so lame. Once I find my camera, I will definately take pictures.
Sun poisoning? That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I guess it's like a more severe version of a sunburn? Off-topic, but while we were at the mall, we saw a girl who was obviously in the last few weeks (hopefully) of her pregnancy and my friend who's been preggers before said the girl was probably miserable, and then she said something about wivestale stuff, how when you're having a girl, you swell all over and when you have a boy, it's pretty much just the belly. Hmmm. I really hope that's not true cuz I want a little girl haha.
Is 5 maids a bit much? I don't think 1 of them will be able to accept because she's a single mom with school, work, car payments, and other stuff that would generally make it harder, so most likely it will only be 4. I didn't realize how much stuff BM's have to pay for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

march
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2007 07:23:36 PM »

5 maids is a-okay in my book! (since that's how many I have....) Our wedding party has 10 people in it and our entire wedding will have a max of seventy people.... To alleviate some of the expense for my maids, I'm letting them each buy their own dress in any style as long as in my color scheme (gold and black). Hopefully this way they buy a dress they'll wear several times. I've also contracted with a salon to do their hair-- they'll just have to pay for the tip. Since our wedding is a four day affair, we're providing accommodation for them as well. We could potentially ask them to refund us for their room, but that just felt wrong to us. So, we're ponying  up the money. (psst.. check out where I'm getting married! www.batesmansion.com)

This is my original list from page.... 10? It's kind of scary on how little I've actually done! Ack!

Wedding date: March 1, 2008

To Do:
Make/Embroider Welcome Totes (1/2 done, only 25 more to make!)
Make Clay Mugs(nixed this, we purchased them instead... due to time)
Make Soaps (nixed this too! I'm making Balsam pillows instead)
Make Save the Date Cards (DONE! and sent!)
Possibly make "Yeah we like to Party" Second Reception Invites
(We're getting married at a small beautiful location, and can only invite family, so we're doing a huge BBQ in the summer for everyone)
Determine and work out centerpieces(DONE! Purchasing the containers tomorrow and going to dig up baby Christmas trees next weekend!)
Make tags for Maple Syrup Favors
Decide what to do/Make for the wedding party (Decided! I'm making small lap quilts, I have the tops of two done!)
Make table runners (added 1/9) (still not done.. I need to purchase more fabric)
Design/Make Programs (added 1/9)
Continue to create Playlist for Wedding Music (added 1/9) (getting better each day!)
Make Kate & Dave's Awesome Mix CD & Case  (added 1/9)
Tears of Joy Tissue Packets seen here...  (starting this weekend!) https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=126904.0
Make labels for pickle favors (added 10/25)
Make guest book (added 10/25)

So things are moving along.... I think. I have a photographer! a florist! a cake baker! a DJ! Storytellers! Musicians! PHEW

and! My dress is being altered! And I bought my shoes... LOOK!
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7191463/c/711.html They weren't my first choice, but Two Lips stopped making the style I wanted. I am getting so excited for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2007 04:23:52 AM »

WOWIE, March!  You sure took on a LOT of stuff!  Your wedding stressed me out just reading about it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2007 04:47:46 AM »

Off-topic, but while we were at the mall, we saw a girl who was obviously in the last few weeks (hopefully) of her pregnancy and my friend who's been preggers before said the girl was probably miserable, and then she said something about wivestale stuff, how when you're having a girl, you swell all over and when you have a boy, it's pretty much just the belly. Hmmm. I really hope that's not true cuz I want a little girl haha.

It's pretty much individual.  I was completely comfortable with 3/4 of my pregnancies, and the one who was uncomfortable was my 10 pound baby boy.  I will say, though, that my daughter was the one who gave me all my stretch marks, even though she was the smallest of the bunch.  In unrelated news, I had 4 bridesmaids, and probably would have had 5, but one of my best friends had an interview for a college the same day as my wedding, though I'm not sure where we would have dug up another groomsman.  Grin

Back on subject, though: what are pickle favors?

Make labels for pickle favors (added 10/25)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007 03:44:56 PM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
march
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2007 02:01:40 PM »

haha.... well my Mom just happens to make the best bread and butter pickles in the world! I just love them! So, everyone is getting a pint of pickles... and then my FI's family makes maple syrup. So.. pickles and syrup at the wedding.  Yeehaw.

My mom and I just had a wedding conference today. The pickles are done (thank goodness), but she really has no concept of money. Either that or she's willing to pay a lot more for the wedding than previously stated. All of her ideas are expensive!

I'm really detail orientated, so although it seems like a lot, it's really not. Plus, it's a FOUR day wedding! It makes it so much more complex.  Grin

We may have an uneven amount of groomsmen and bridesmaid... but that's fairly common, so I wouldn't stress over uneven numbers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...