A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
290 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 333236 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TheSeamRipper
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2007 03:43:45 AM »

A river rock aisle is so romantic!  Check Craigslist or make a request for your rock on Craigslist or Freecycle.  Where I live it is sometimes listed for free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cats4me
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2007 07:38:39 PM »

Hello all,

I will go ahead and add myself to this thread since I know I am going to need advice along the way.  Thank you to everyone who has posted on any of these craftster forums, your ideas are all amazing!  I will probably be using a lot of what each of you have done.  We are getting married 6/21/08 and can hardly wait.  Smiley  Initially our budget was 5K but that has already been surpassed.  We should be able to keep it somewhere between 5 and 10 though.
Here are the bridesmaid dresses and a couple pics of the venue:
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/LizXU/?action=view&current=bridesmaidperiwinkle.jpg
I plan on buying them from www.netbride.com for $88.  Originally I wanted my colors to be yellow with hints of red but I like the dress much better in this color so I am going to change to periwinkle and yellow.
The plan is to have the wedding right outside on campus and then come right inside for the reception.  The place is huge for 150 but it will be nice since not all of our families and friends have all met.
Here are my plans so far but we will see what happens!
-DIY save the date/christmas cards?
-DIY invitations
-DIY centerpieces
-DIY favors (if they exist)
-DIY bouquets from flowers bought at Sams or online
-music on the IPOD
-pictures taken by family members/friends
-food and alcohol provided by vendors
-DIY whatever else I can think of...
We are going to go with a modern/contemporary feel.  I am going to try an incorporate lines (like in the bridesmaid dresses) throughout a lot.

PS- my first post so I can't embed the images, sorry!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007 11:54:22 AM by cats4me » THIS ROCKS   Logged
glittersniffer
OneOfTheWeirdo's!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2007 10:34:04 AM »

So I'm pretty just recently engaged but I must say that I'm oh so proud of myself for doing my research and am planning on making almost 200 invitations for under 70$! Minus the tacky, cheap look  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us!: facebook.com/gscosmetics

^^^Colorful Happiness ^^^
Gierma
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2007 10:07:52 AM »

I've been engaged since april but we have yet to set a date. Cause we haven't found a venue yet.  But this is what I/we will do.

1. DIY Save the Date Magnets
2. DIY Invitations + information cards etc etc
3. Wedding Favours - as I do silver jewellery the girls will get a silver  necklace, and the guys maybe will get a silver money clip.    Haven't decided about the money clip yet.
4. As we have not decided on Reception venue yet we do not yet know what decorations that will be needed.
5. Flowers, i will do them, as I do not want a fancy buoqette anyway..I just want really simple, dark hot pink gerberra daisys. My friend has done a course in flower arranging, I will ask her to explain to me  how to do it.

We are planning a fairly small wedding, we are inviting 135 people, but are only expecting that aprox 65 will make it. As many of the invited are living in Australia and has small children, and the wedding will be held in Sweden.

I have bought all material for invites and Save the Date Magnets. So  as soon as we have a date we are getting started.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2007 05:53:07 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I just got engaged last weekend, and we're planning on having the wedding October 2008.  We are expecting at least 250 (OMG!) so all of my DIY wedding ideas have to 1) easy to reproduce 2) inexpensive 3) be planned WAY in advance

Here's what I'm thinking
- Save the Date magnets (made out of bottle caps, I'm thinking) included in 2007 christmas cards
- freshwater pearl jewerly sets for all bridesmaids (luckily I'll probably only have 4-5), flower girl, and mother of bride and mother of groom (my family loves my handmand stuff  Grin)
- knit caplets or shawls to match bridesmaid dresses and one knit caplet for me
- centerpeices?? big question marks there, I hope I can come up with some ideas....maybe fall leaves or peacock feathers since I'd like to do deep red or deep turquoise as colors - CENTERPIECES - amber morroccan lantens and willow branches with silk fall leaves hanging off them
-  one big handmade item for my matron of honor, possibly a knit squares blanket 8/20/2007 ALMOST DONE!

- I'll probably come up with more stuff...but this is probably MORE than enough crafting to attempt to complete in a year in a half time frame HERE'S MY ADDITIONS
- Grooms survival kit
- Gifts for my bridesmaids:
   purse
   flower hair pins for updos
   slippers or flip flops (is it ok for girls to wear those even if the dresses are shorter?)
   scarves (not for wedding, just for fun)
-favors: treat bags full of Halloween candy!

I decided to focus my DIY wedding ideas on the people closest to me, who will appreciate them the most.

A big thanks to everyone, for all the cool ideas I've seen so far, I will probably be borrowing pieces from here and there Smiley

Countdown to October 4 18, 2008....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 11:43:09 AM by EOcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2007 01:31:31 AM »

All I can say is... 250!!!  You're insane.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2007 06:23:30 AM »

Ditto! We're looking at 85-100 for our wedding and I'm atill feeling bogged down. Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2007 12:41:24 PM »

We had 50.  Ahhh...the perfect 50.  We started planning with 150 and it was too much.  We did all of the food, decorations, invitations, etc., ourselves, so I couldn't have imagined going through with the 150.  We had a small reception venue that was only $120 for the entire evening.  We saved a TON of money!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
LindsayLuu
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2007 10:31:29 AM »

I'm marking this to check/add to later.  You guys are all awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohsaysaysay
« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2007 05:46:59 PM »

Ok, so I'm getting married May 16th next year and due to a lack of funds and wanting to honeymoon in Hawaii..i'm DIY my wedding,  well that and because its so much more fun that way hey?!

So here's what I'm going to do:

Invitations
RSVP cards
Favors
Gifts for bridesmaids
centerpieces
bouquets
pomander for flower girl
pillow for ring bearer
place cards and table numbers

My invitations are already made.  I went to photography school so I know my way around photoshop and just designed a little 4x6 invitation.  I'm going to send it to walmart online and get it printed there.  Get this...only 15 cents PER INVITATION!!!  All I need to do now is find some nice envelopes for cheap...any suggestions??  I'm also going to make my rsvp cards the same way except just to the 2x3 scale and have two printed on a 4x6.

I have no idea what i'm going to do for my gifts for my bridesmaids..any suggestions?  How about for groomsmen that don't drink?

For my centerpieces we are getting our picture put on jones soda bottles and then we are just sticking one gerbera stem in it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...