A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 331470 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2007 08:44:51 AM »

I worked at a Dippin Dots and on july 4th sold the most dots they've ever sold in one day. They're a rip off, a gallon bag costs the store $12 bucks but they charge you $4-5 for a small. LAME! Plus they have to be frozen at lower temps than a regular fridge, i guess they ship them on dry ice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2007 09:17:13 AM »

*covers eyes*  la la la... I don't want to know this information Cheesy  You can't tarnish the sacred dots! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Lysistrata
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2007 05:07:51 PM »

Hey everybody! I'm pretty new here, but as my boy proposed this weekend, I thought I'd get stuck into the wedding plans as soon as!

Our theme is: 'A Bogan Fairy Tale'. (for anyone who doesn't know, bogan is a NZ/Australian term for a metaller). We're mixing in elements of heavy metal, pirates, gothicness, and fairy tales.

List of Crafty things to craft
- Invitations (they're going to look like gig posters)
- RSVP cards (which will look like concert tickets)
- Wedding Programs (these are CDs with our ceremony music and other special songs, and the CD booklet will contain all the program infomation, including the band members (wedding party)
- ring sticks (my fiance is a drummer so I am slipping the rings onto drumsticks, tying them with ribbon, and giving them to our 'ring-emo' to carry)
- containers for the bubbles! yaaay bubbles!
painted bacground for uests to take photos in front of
- centrepieces. I'm not too sure about these yet
- placecards and table numbers. Also not too sure about these
- Jewellery for myself and my bridesmaids (and something for my bridesman)
- Something for my hair
- figure out how to make feathered fairy wings for me
- guestbook and box for registry certificates
- I MAY do the flowers, if I have the time, energy and motivation to learn how to do flowers.

I'll probably think of heaps more as I get going. Our Website is www.steffandjames.bravehost.com, although I just made it yesterday so it's nowhere near finished. Thanks for putting up with my long post, I'm just so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wedding Skulls Etsy Shop http://www.weddingskulls.etsy.com

Wedding Skulls blog http://weddingskulls.com
Gothic, Halloween, Steampunk, Rockabilly and alternative weddings

Small Business Copywriter http://small-business-copywriter.com
15% discount on writing services for Craftster members!
*MAR*
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2007 06:02:42 PM »

Congrats Lysistrata! You have a long list already! Can't wait to see your projects.

M*

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2007 06:05:20 PM »

Long list... can't wait to see it all unfold!

Congrats many times over! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lysistrata
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2007 07:03:26 PM »

Thanks! I do have a rather long list, but I have AGES to work on it (Our Wedding is October 2008)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wedding Skulls Etsy Shop http://www.weddingskulls.etsy.com

Wedding Skulls blog http://weddingskulls.com
Gothic, Halloween, Steampunk, Rockabilly and alternative weddings

Small Business Copywriter http://small-business-copywriter.com
15% discount on writing services for Craftster members!
*MAR*
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2007 09:16:01 PM »

Thanks! I do have a rather long list, but I have AGES to work on it (Our Wedding is October 2008)

That's great! The more time the better. I only had 6 months. In the beginning, I thought it was all the time in the world. I've since realized, that isn't the case. Especially when you're a crafty person and want to do everything yourself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2007 04:09:21 AM »

I had one year exactly, now it's down to just over four months.  You'll want to do everything super early and then realize a lot of the projects depend on other things so you have to wait a bit.

It's so much fun though.  I'm going to be sad when it's all over 'cause I enjoy searching for ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2007 07:25:57 AM »

I had sixteen months to start and I now have six months left...I know I do have a lot of it done, but theres still a lot left to do

in fact, last night I had a dream that I went to sleep last night (like, in real time) and woke up on the day of my wedding, for some reason, in my parents house.  and most of the stuff was done (even stuff I havent finished but have decided about), but other stuff wasnt.  simple stuff-like my card box and my jewelry, stuff like that.  the biggest thing was i hadnt gotten our passports yet (cause I really havent) and we werent going to be able to go on our cruise  (i think this part stemmed from me interviewing yesterday at a place that due to time conflicts, id probably have to reschedule my honeymoon for)

it was just a silly dream, but ill tell you, its whipping my butt into gear.  im working on stuff TODAY i tell you!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2007 07:43:03 AM »

I started with 21 months [yep, long engagement] and I am down to 74 days [10 and a half weeks, or 2.5 months] Eep! Things do really start to get into the "get everything done now" mode in the six months before hand.

And the bad wedding dreams? Oh yeah, I know those well. Dreams where I have no dress, dreams where one guest insists on sitting in an empty swimming pool in a house instead of eating outside with the rest of the guests, dreams where the officiant starts pulling out some serious religion in the middle of the service and I freak out and threaten to sue them. Stuff that will totally never happen, but boy, my imagination likes to torture me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...