A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,896
Currently Running With Scissors:
238 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 333854 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2007 03:46:19 PM »

Wow... I love the color combo as well!  This is one of the prettiest sets I've seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2007 06:07:22 AM »

Aw! Thanks, everyone. It makes me feel good that you liked them. I haven't gotten any comments from the guests yet.

Re: the color combo-- I got the color combination idea from a Martha Stewart article on her Weddings magazine -about- color combinations. She had a table set up with the aqua green paper that I used for the band and red birds on the napkin rings. I turned her table into an invitation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamasmurf
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2007 04:54:37 PM »

I am geting married on 22nd September 2007. Reading all your ideas has inspired me which is good as I am so disorganised and I procrastinate to much.

Theme: Australian Bush (I'm an aussie)

To do:
buy stationary

*make save the date cards and send (note to self...very important to send. Sitting on my kitchen bench ready to send  does not mean task is completed)

*make invites, menu cards, place cards

*design and print off programme cards

*make flower girl dress x3

*pot out Kangaroo Paw and Eucalypt seedlings for wedding favours

*find somewhere I can obtain baskia, eucalypt and wattle for table decorations, men's button holes and 'maids posies

Other people to do
* draw up cake ideas and give to my cake lady (i'm thinking green icing with wattle.....but I made a cake with green icing for my daughters 1st birthday and it looked mouldy)

* 'maids want to make little girl head tiaras for flower girls

Ummmm theres more but that will do for now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2007 05:00:28 PM »

jeweledmonkey, those are pretty!  can i steal the idea?  and can you give me some tips (such as, but not limited to:  where did you get the envelopments?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2007 06:08:07 PM »

You mean steal the idea of the folder invitation? It's not a new idea at all.  There are tons of places that sell them. The biggest supplier is called "Envelopments" and they have a website. I bought mine in a paper supply store in Manhattan just because they were slightly cheaper than the envelopments brand. The place I got them at doesn't seem to have a website.

(edit)

I was just looking around the envelopments website and they have some great ideas in the "gallery". Here is a link:

http://envelopments.com/gallery/index.php?sample=06S10_lrg
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007 06:19:05 PM by jeweledmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2007 07:53:10 PM »

Im getting married on April the 21st and boy am i UNORGANISED!! Embarrassed
Here's what i have done so far,
Everyones clothes, shoes and jewlery, that it! Talk about stress!
Glad i am only doing it once! Cheesy
Here are my invitations, envelope, and Wishing well saying that i modified  for our situation, our save the date cards, were just like the invitations but mini.
Envelope,

Invitation, but it stretched out for some reason, it is a long thin one, not a square one,

wishing well saying

I just love everything and Matthew helped me with everything.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007 07:55:52 PM by summerlyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
marigoldy
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2007 06:37:40 AM »

Can I join the Craft-a-long??!!
I'm getting married on June 29 this year, and we're having the wedding at our house in a big tent.  Some of the crafts I'll be working on:

My dress (I made 2 dummies dresses and I have the pattern down, now need fabric)
Tissue paper flowers (from Martha Stewart - about halfway done)
Invitations (just ordered from Paper Source!)
Favours (probably going to do magnets - obviously haven't started yet!)
Centerpeices

I really want to grow some potted flowers for centerpieces.  Has anyone ever heard of this being done before, or could suggest a good flower to use?

I can't wait to start posting some photos!  Everything in this thread looks great and has been an inspiration so far!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2007 08:01:31 AM »

Summerlyn--

Your invites are just so cute!   I love the color and the font. 

I don't want to be mean about this, but I did want to warn you that you may offend a number of guests with your wishing well card.  If you're okay with throwing ettiquette to the wind, that's fine, but if you don't know, many people will consider it presumptuous and rude. It's your wedding and your decision, but I just wanted to let you know that because I think a lot of brides don't know that including your registry info and/or a request for money rather than presents is a huge breach-- and you may offend some of your ettiquette-conscious guests.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2007 10:54:01 PM »

kristiface,
None of our guests are worried about etiquite, i am only 21 and i don't really think that my particular group of friends are worried about it at all. Most if not all of our guests have had them at their weddings or recieved them before (from our other friends for their weddings), actually the few people that i thought might find it offensive (grandparents) were actually pleased that we had picked a wishing well and told them about it. I guess it depends on your wedding guests 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2007 09:01:40 AM »

a lot of brides don't know that including your registry info and/or a request for money rather than presents is a huge breach-- and you may offend some of your ettiquette-conscious guests.

Is a registry card really against rules of etiquette? I don't think I have ever received a wedding invitation that didn't include some type of card. Although I did once get a "help pay for our honeymoon at this website..." card and found that very tacky!
Is it more correct to just include the registry card in bridal shower invitations, or is that considered rude also? I'm curious... I guess I've always just considered it a traditional thing, and never wondered about the etiquette part. I think it happens so very often now that most people don't think anything of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...