A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332528 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
stringy
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2006 07:34:00 PM »

Ok, so I haven't posted in here for ages, and my wedding plans have changed drastically since I was here last! But here's a picture of the invitation we made (click on it to go to my Flickr account - eventually there'll be more wedding pics there):

We ordered recycled paper from www.ecopaperco.com.au (who were very helpful, located in Queensland, Australia) and designed and printed them ourselves.

NB: recycled paper does not always accept printer ink very well over large areas of the paper - some of ours were a bit patchy. However, our design with the pink background fading out to the top seemed to make it easier, as the colour was varying anyway. We didn't have any problems with printing the text.

I've also started on making beaded bouquets, which are turning out well so far. No pics yet, but next time we work on them I'm hoping to make a tutorial with photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2006 06:07:11 AM »

That's very lovely!

I can't wait to see your beaded bouquets, those are what we are planning as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2007 04:52:20 PM »

My wedding date was supposed to be 30th september 2005 but our bundle of joy arrived (due on September 30th lol ) and i am still enjoying being a mum too much to worry about being a bride, I am slowly slowly doing things, and i am hoping for april or september, but will see what happens!
I'm getting so many ideas, i LOVE this site!!!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 03:00:24 PM by summerlyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
march
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2007 08:45:09 AM »

I can't believe it's taken me months to find this! I am so into this craftalong!

Wedding date: March 4, 2008

To Do:
Make/Embroider Welcome Totes
Make Clay Mugs
Make Soaps
Make Save the Date Cards
Possibly make "Yeah we like to Party" Second Reception Invites
(We're getting married at a small beautiful location, and can only invite family, so we're doing a huge BBQ in the summer for everyone)
Determine and work out centerpieces
Make tags for Maple Syrup Favors
Decide what to do/Make for the wedding party
Make table runners (added 1/9)
Design/Make Programs (added 1/9)
Continue to create Playlist for Wedding Music (added 1/9)
Make Kate & Dave's Awesome Mix CD & Case  (added 1/9)
Tears of Joy Tissue Packets seen here... https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=126904.0

So yeah.. the list just keeps growing and I still haven't completed on thing! Ack!  Grin I've got to stop looking through this forum! It keeps reminding me of things I want to create!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007 09:12:44 AM by march » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2007 08:47:04 AM »

Oh... what a great list you have!  I hope you post photos of things as you make them, I'm interested to see some of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

march
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2007 08:51:55 AM »

jeweledmonkey: !!! I realize that you posted MONTHS ago, but I absolutely adore your STDs! (I am such a kid but I think that STD is just funny.)

Sweets: I will definitely be posting pictures! I just got an amazing digital camera for Christmas and as soon as I  start to organize (which was my New Years resolution. I better get going on it.) I will start posting pictures. I LOVE the place where you're getting married! The roses are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2007 08:54:44 AM »

Sweets: I will definitely be posting pictures! I just got an amazing digital camera for Christmas and as soon as I  start to organize (which was my New Years resolution. I better get going on it.) I will start posting pictures. I LOVE the place where you're getting married! The roses are beautiful!

Woohoo!

Oh, thank you so much!  I love it, but all I can do is hope for good weather.  Mind you, it's not 'til August and I'm already worried about the weather, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeweledmonkey
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2007 09:04:09 AM »

jeweledmonkey: !!! I realize that you posted MONTHS ago, but I absolutely adore your STDs! (I am such a kid but I think that STD is just funny.)

Ha! I had never heard them referred to as "STD"; but thank you so much! It took me a while to design them and print them but I like how they turned out. I am currently working on the invitations that will match. Smiley

Sweets: A couple of months ago I was worried about the weather for our wedding also and my fiance, the ultimate scientist, found a site that will give you the stats for the last 15 years for the zipcode. When he gets home I can ask for the URL. It turned out that it hasn't rained at our location in the past 15 years, although, that doesn't mean much with how currently the weather is totally crazy  but it made me feel better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2007 09:13:21 AM »

Woohoo!

Oh, thank you so much!  I love it, but all I can do is hope for good weather.  Mind you, it's not 'til August and I'm already worried about the weather, lol!

Tell me about it! We have no plan b other than the renting of a tent. Whee! That's a good chunk of change I'd rather spend elsewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2007 09:29:14 AM »

Sweets: A couple of months ago I was worried about the weather for our wedding also and my fiance, the ultimate scientist, found a site that will give you the stats for the last 15 years for the zipcode. When he gets home I can ask for the URL. It turned out that it hasn't rained at our location in the past 15 years, although, that doesn't mean much with how currently the weather is totally crazy  but it made me feel better.

Oh, how cool!  I looked at some local weather sites, but all of the historical almanac databases I found wanted money to access their info - grr!  So I looked through just a few years back manually on the local station sites.  I'd love to see 15 years back easily though!

Woohoo!

Tell me about it! We have no plan b other than the renting of a tent. Whee! That's a good chunk of change I'd rather spend elsewhere.

We haven't gotten to Plan B yet... argh.  I think it might be the same as yours though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 30 Minute Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...