A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,770
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332639 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2006 11:23:25 PM »

Hey gals.  Smiley  We got engaged a week ago, Friday.  Smiley

I keep reading that we're supposed to "relax" and "enjoy being engaged" for at least a month, but who has time to do that when there is crafty thoughts stirring?!

None the less, we have everything to do at this point.

We are hoping to be wed a year to the date of the engagement, so Aug. 25, 2007.  We'd like our location here:

It's in a local 13-acre rose garden.  Smiley  Here are some pix I took there earlier this year (much to my surprise my boyfriend really meant it when he said, "This would be an awesome place for a wedding.").  Lots of pix, but they are in a slideshow, so it's not bad...watch slideshow 

We have a list of possible dresses and we are going to the wedding site Sunday (someone else is having a wedding there) to make sure the flowers are still lovely this time of year and the general layout.

We're going to make the save the dates, invitations, favors, centerpieces, guestbook, etc.  Cheesy  Lots of fun... I'm so excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2006 09:09:36 AM »

I do agree with the relax and slow down and take a little time to enjoy it Sweets. That helps a LOT on the stress levels and the feeling that you have to do everything now. You don't. I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2006 09:13:48 AM »

Actually... we gotta book the place now, it reserves a year in advance.  Teehee!

Smiley

Plus, if I figure out stuff now... I won't procrastinate later.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiface
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2006 07:14:07 PM »

Actually, I highly recommend getting all the vendor stuff done ASAP-- within reason of course.  But the sooner you get it done, the sooner you can relax.  I had all of my vendors booked within 2-3 months.  It meant that I had the next 5-6 months to personalize my wedding-- and the week before I had very little to do except sit back and enjoy every minute of it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2006 09:20:38 PM »

Granted I will have been engaged for a total of 1 year and 9 months when I get married, but most of the vendors I've contacted within the past few months are surprised I'm planning as early as I am. I was talking about this with my photographer today [she's a friend of the family] and she made a point that I thought I'd mention which is that the bride and groom should really take the time to enjoy being engaged and planning together. Of course how people enjoy that time will be different, but I definitely felt a lot better when I reminded myself that I didn't have to get everything planning in the first week. The timeline also changes based on where and when you're doing it. Outdoor venues get booked more heavily in June than they do in November for instance. Wink The most important thing is to enjoy it, however you can. Hopefully, you'll only do it once!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2006 10:35:49 PM »

Thanks for the advice & comments, guys! Smiley

We are too goofy not to enjoy it.  Cheesy  It'll be a fun year ahead, I have feeling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiface
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006 08:52:57 AM »

I'm sure you guys will... it's a fun if often exhausting process.  I highly recommend bringing your Fiance along to as many vendor meetings as possible.  My husband (feels so weird saying that) attended the cake meetings, some of the venue meetings, the meetings with the DJ and the officiant, etc.  The only thing he skipped out on was some photographer meetings he couldn't come to and... of course.. the florist meetings.  It was a lot of fun!  But I think more than anything all the craft stuff we did together (or he picked on me for doing as I did them) were the most fun part of the wedding-- and I think really make the difference between a good wedding and a great one (which is why we all love craftster so much, right!?!??!). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2006 01:56:41 AM »

Congrats on your recent engagement, sweets4ever, it's an awesome feeling.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and thought I'd share my latest crafts with everyone.  I did them from start to finish in about an hour, the longest part was waiting for the glue on the basket to dry (I recently bought a hot glue gun.  It's my new best friend)!  No, I didn't weave the basket, that would have taken me way longer than an hour!

Bridesmaid's earrings which I couldn't get a decent shot of:

Made from gold beading wire as the earring findings I bought wouldn't fit through the holes in the pearls.  White and blue fresh water pearls which I bought at St Andrews Market near Melbourne about a year ago when I was going to make something for a friend's wedding present, but changed my mind.  Sliver seed beads.  The dangly things on the ends are gold drop things, very cute.

And the flower girl basket which will actually have the cord for our handfasting in it.  Shhhh, it's a surprise that we're handfasting! Wink  The flowers are grey, but it's actually more blue in real light.

Sorry this one's so dark but I took it in the study as it's the best lighting in the house  Roll Eyes

I also made the bonbonnieres last weekend, but mum made the cords in our wedding colours (blue and gold); we're doing the five white almonds in a cellophane bag:

And my mum made our ring pillow!  She designed the embroidery pattern herself:

That's my ring on it for show.  Just gotta get them cleaned and engraved now . . . Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
eisor
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2006 08:02:23 PM »

I'm new here! I wanted to join in the fun. I'm getting married August 11, 2007. Which means I have lots of time to work on things!

Here is a list of the things I want to do: (I'll probably be adding more!)
- Flower Girl Basket
- Hair Comb
- Centerpieces
- Wedding Invitations
- Programs
- Favors
- Picnic Invitations
- Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
- Decorate Arch
- Paint Aisle Runner
- Jewelry for sister and FSIL
- Guestbook
I'm sure I left things off, but that is what I can think of right now.

I have already made the jewelry for the Bridesmaids and the Flower Girl. I'm not allowed to post pictures yet. So here are the links...

Bridesmaids: (Used 8mm pearls.)

Flower Girl: (It is actually smaller than above. I used 6mm pearls for this one.)

We also completed our save-the-date. We made it in photoshop. It is a postcard that we had printed from an online vendor.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006 08:04:49 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2006 08:02:52 PM »

I'll post 'em for ya... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...