A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332616 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2007 06:05:31 AM »

sunnydays - I LOVE this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolland72/349566192/  but withpeonies or hydrangeas, a few bees, a pretty font, maybe a bit of leafy scrolling... and maybe not so much overlapping of colors as I'll be gocco printing them and I don't want to worry too much about printing more than one screen. I'm thinking one color ink.

I first thought of doing something with photos of us, but with the hubby in Germany, it may be tough! This is my favorite photo invite/std http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonvoges/369926468/ This couple's entire set is hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
sunnydays914
« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2007 06:52:19 AM »

Banga, those invitations are awesome! The invitations I want have the same kind of set up- scrolling design along the side with text on the opposite.

The STD is equally great. We're not going to STDs (we'll see almost everyone over Christmas anyway) but we want to do something with our picture for our thank you cards. I saw one with a couple in solid colored t-shirts that said "thank" and "you" on them. We could do them in our wedding colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2007 08:53:10 PM »

Banga & sunny, I agree, those invites are awesome!

dellastella, I checked out your website, I'm with sweets, I love that you "bought" him, and for $11.  What a steal!!!  I love your save the date too, and WOW on the ISLAND!!!  I can't wait to see more of your progress!

As for the "first dance posts":  Have you all seen Starsky and Hutch...Future Mr.RhettsMommy wants to do the Disco Dance Off scene!!! I think I'll have to have a few drinks down to pull that off!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2007 03:56:43 AM »

Banga, those invitations are to die for! I checked out www.invitesite.com, where those invite blanks were purchased, and now I'm seriously reconsidering my whole invitation design. If anyone is looking for AWESOME diy, print at home, but totally amazing looking invitations, look no further.

Now the only question is which one I should go with...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
sunnydays914
« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2007 10:20:58 AM »

The FH and I are working on our wedding website but are not completely certain what all to put in it other than the normal info: location, date, directions, our story, attendants, etc.

Are there any creative things that we could include and our guests would enjoy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2007 11:41:11 AM »

Hi everyohe! I'm crazy excited to finally be able to join this thread!!! We are getting married in Vegas even in June or December (depends on whether the boy is deployed) We aren't sure yet if its going to be just us or with immediate family. There are issues with that aspect. Craftwise, I haven't thought of a lot since the chapel will have most everything set already.

Crafty List:

earrings, and necklace for me
veil ( should i even wear a veil in vegas???)
picture frames
cd sticker covers
dvd sticker covers
invitations
save the date if not redeployed
luggage tags
document holder
ticket holder

Thanks all I can think of for now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
sunnydays914
« Reply #556 on: December 05, 2007 12:08:32 PM »

I had to figure out the answer to that question too (minus the Vegas part). I answered it with, "Would I feel like a bride without it?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisedpeach22

« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2007 12:27:02 PM »

I had to figure out the answer to that question too (minus the Vegas part). I answered it with, "Would I feel like a bride without it?"

I had planned on wearing one when we talked about being married here, but none of the pics i've seen of Vegas weddings have brides wearing veils. It's a pretty easy craft so i have lots and lots of time to think about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: December 05, 2007 01:41:50 PM »

Of course, the choice is purely personal, but for me... It was the veil that made me tear up, not the dress.  I didn't feel like a bride until I put the veil on.  (and we're not even talking THE veil, just a veil that I tried at the bridal shop).  I kept my veil on for the whole reception too because I just thought it pulled together the whole look!   Grin  Just my two cents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
bruisedpeach22

« Reply #559 on: December 05, 2007 01:55:00 PM »

That's a very good point shimmer. You've reminded me of the first time i saw myself in a veil. It was one of the sample ones at Joann's. I hadn't ever wanted to wear one and saw it while i was peeking at wedding stuff a few months ago. I teared up at the sight. Since the veil i want is cheap and easy to do, i think i will go ahead and make it then decide that day whether to wear it. If i decide right before, i know i won't regret the decision. Smiley Thanks for yours thoughts!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...