A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,770
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332640 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rhettsmommy
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2007 11:14:28 AM »

With a little help from TheBon, I am making some much needed changes to my invite.  Will try to get a new mock up done this weekend for all to see! 

On another note, I finished many projects last night. 

Paper candy boxes for wedding kids

added beads to my "purse"  from my future MIL  (I'll try to get a pick on here when I get home, I think it needs more, just don't want to over do it, so I need some advice on that.

Remade card box that the little guys destroyed

printed pics and framed them for the remembrance/memorial table (didn't one of you have a poem you used for this...I tried to find it last night, but had no luck)

wired seed beads for the Mr. and the little guy's bouts  (still have to do the ones for my bouquet)

I think that's it.  My goal for the weekend it to get the invite artwork up to par. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2007 11:28:41 AM »

Wowie, you've been busy!  I'm so happy & excited for you!

Your invite mock up is nice, but now I can't wait to see the new & improved version!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sunnydays914
« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2007 11:29:36 AM »

rm, I am inspired! I have been sitting at my desk at work all day thinking about what I need to get done this weekend but there is little hope it will measure up to what you have finished.

I want to repaint my unity candle holder and possibly the flower girl's basket. This is the second-to-last weekend of the semester so unfortunately, school comes first and I may not finish anything.

I'm not completely set on what to do with the flower girl's basket. (Easy) suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2007 12:12:23 PM »

I am going super easy on the flower girls basket, but kinda sentimental... I am using a basket that we received a plant in when Rhett was born, and just adding turquoise ribbon around the handle, then she'll have fake red rose petals (some from the dollar tree, some from a local flower shop I got for a buck as the box was smashed)  Do you have anything around that you might be able to use for her?  and just "wedding" it up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2007 12:27:25 PM »

I have a little red basket that I will have to spray paint because red is not anywhere close to green and ivory (my colors) at all. I don't know if i want to line it, put flowers on it or whatever else. I've never thought much about the basket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2007 12:38:55 PM »

I am not planning on lining mine, right now at least.  I like the natural look of the basket.  If you do line it, do you have any fabric left from your dress or bridesmaids dresses you could use?  You could just hot glue it on and use ribbon or flowers to cover up anything.
A friend of mine just got married, her colors were green and choclate, she just used ivory pomander balls with ivory ribbon for the handle, they were very pretty.  I just like the petals scattered...call me old fashioned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #536 on: December 01, 2007 06:03:37 AM »

rhettsmommy, I liked your mock up as well, but I can't wait to see what you have changed!

My invite process has stalled completely for now. I bought a gocco to screenprint them all and picked out my papers. Then when I sat down to start designing the actual screens, I froze. I don't have any of those fancy programs (not even photo shop!) so it will be tough to get them to lok professionally designed on my own. There is an etsy seller I stumbled upon while browsing for many hours and pretending to shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=98137) who can do it for me. I can get a design from her and them print them myself... so I'm considering that approach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
rhettsmommy
« Reply #537 on: December 01, 2007 11:37:55 PM »

banga, thanks,  I like the mock up too, but TheBon had some great ideas, and I can't wait to implement them into my invites! 

I didn't get to work on them today, but did go with my final bridesmaid to order her dress...all dresses are ordered...YEAH!! (Sorry, I can sew, but not that good!) Should be here by mid-end Jan.  Can't wait!

Also made another trip to Michaels, the closest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away! What's a girl to do?  I got more seed beads to string for around my bouquet stems, flowers to make the hair clips for the BM's, porceline pens for the groomsmen mugs, bout pins, and a few Christmas crafty things.

Hello, my name is Rhettsmommy and I'm addicted to craftster!!  I just got home from my uncles B day party (it's 11:30pm on Saturday night) and what do I do, of course have to check on craftster! First step is admiting your problem... RIGHT!?!??!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #538 on: December 02, 2007 11:05:33 AM »

Hello, my name is Rhettsmommy and I'm addicted to craftster!!  I just got home from my uncles B day party (it's 11:30pm on Saturday night) and what do I do, of course have to check on craftster! First step is admitting your problem... RIGHT!?!??!

Wouldn't posting about it just be continuing the process?

My name is Sunnydays914 and I am addicted to Craftster! Every day I go no farther than 10 feet from a computer and continually check the forums, hoping that someone else has posted to give me an excuse to post again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #539 on: December 02, 2007 02:45:01 PM »

I am having so much fun checking out the posts in this thread. You ladies are an inspiration!

I've finished my first two wedding projects. A million left to go, but progress is progress! First, our save the date magnets:

They're business card size, and we'll be sending them out with our Christmas cards. Saving on postage = awesome.

And the second is our website, www.ben-and-amanda.com. HTML is crafty, right? Here's a screenshot of the main page.

It's a work in progress, but I'm really pleased with what I've put together so far. Any feedback, on the website especially, would be greatly appreciated. You guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...