A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
297 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 334094 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
jilted

crafty proselytizer, join the recruitment program

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2007 11:30:11 AM »

lindsayluu ur marrying a tim? i'm lindsey and i'm marrying a tim.....this just gets stranger every day! just tell me our wedding colors arent the same and i wont have to brand you a doppleganger (ps not to be creepy but i looked at ur blogger and i think we're even the same age!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one mans trash is another girls uncontrollable need to recycle and reuse it!!!
goldfishhead
« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2007 01:47:09 PM »

Wow, all this talk of renting and buying flatware and plates and servingware and stuff is makeing me realy glad my intended location provides all that (my old college. yay for "alumni discounts" ha.) That sounds like a serious pain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2007 04:04:57 PM »

Hmmm... you're considered an alumni after how many hours? Or do you have to graduate from the college to be an alum? My college is 1.5 hours away so I don't think many people would want to travel for that :/
I wonder how churches would do it. You can rent out a church for the day that you don't attend, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2007 06:42:56 PM »

Depends on the church, thekster.  Some churches want you to be part of their congregation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #334 on: September 25, 2007 04:11:48 AM »

Lame. My church is in a kinda creepy part of town, and it's kinda far away. My mom said I should figure out if I could rent one around here cuz she didn't think people would want to go that far.
BUT! While I was driving around for hourssss (really just 1.5) I realized that if we have the wedding where I actually WANT it to be (in a beach house or on the beach), guests will have to drive kind of far anyway. (We live in La Porte TX and where I want to have it would be in Galveston or Surfside TX. Probably about 45 minutes to an hour something away, depending on traffic. We COULD always do it in LP cuz we are a coastal town, but our beach is stupid. Supposedly, we once had sand on our beaches but Hurricane Alicia took it. Grrr. Now we just have rocks and grass.) This is gunna be one of my many stupid questions, but is there a normal amount of driving time that people would generally be willing to drive? I know my family would but probably with some complaints (my grandparents and brother) and 2 of my friends would do it pretty much no matter how far it was, but the rest I'm not so sure.
Sweets, just so you know, I keep looking at your posts to grab some inspiration from you whenever I'm feeling lazy. You're one of the Craftsters whose stuff I almost always, if not always, love. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2007 04:24:11 AM »

I think it depends on the relation of the person to me as to how far I would drive.  For example, I wouldn't drive 3 hours for a cousin I haven't spoken with in a few years, but I would drive 12 hours for my brother's wedding - no doubt!  Our wedding was super small (50 guests), but we did have a lot of people drive 3 hours (because we don't live in our hometown) and some fly from California & Minnesota to us in Ohio.  For local folks, the drive was 15 - 30 minutes to the ceremony & reception sites.

That's so sweet!! *blush*  I have some more stuff to post from the wedding (programs & weird little stuff), but now I'm kinda lazy. Cheesy  I think I'm in wedding detox!  Hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #336 on: September 25, 2007 04:34:45 AM »

You and Mar and I think theBon are the ones that stand out the most to me. I'm sure there are tons others that I like but you guys are my fave. Smiley
Haha well, you're a newlywed so I think everyone will forgive you for not posting the other stuff yet Wink I'm sure when we get married I'll be in the "screw everything" mentality and just want to spend time with my husband. No Craftster for at least....24 hours hahah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2007 04:42:46 AM »

It makes me so excited to get more things from my list completed! We got my engagement ring on Sunday and had it resized tonight (I love wearing it!) And between taking the ring in and picking it up, I made the pearl accent beads for my bouquet. (I'm just updating everything I did towards the bottom of page 30, so there are a couple of new pictures on my post.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2007 04:47:13 AM »

The pearl accents are very pretty!  Congrats on getting your ring...woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2007 05:10:49 AM »

Thank you Smiley I keep looking at them cuz I like 'em so much haha. I've looked online for pictures of bouquets that used accents but I couldn't really find any so I'm not really sure how I should put them in. I kind of just arranged them on the outside of the bouquet but I'm not sure I like it. Off to search for more pictures hah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...