A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
216 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332650 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thekster
« Reply #1140 on: April 30, 2008 06:30:38 PM »

Hmmmm this shouldn't be that hard of a decision! Ahhhh I hate making decisions. I guess it'll come down to what colors my mom has in her little ribbon collectoin hah. I'm broke. I think I'd like the blue but would it look a little weird since the pics are in b&w? Mannnnn I already went to my mom's house once; I don't want to go back twice in one day. Gas is too dang expensive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 30, 2008 06:34:05 PM »

I vote blue. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sunnydays914
« Reply #1142 on: April 30, 2008 07:38:11 PM »

Daisy seeds aren't very large, are they? When you say painted, do you mean with a picture or just a solid color? Will you be doing it yourself? That seems like a LOTTTT of work, assuming there will be at least a few in each package. Can you still plant them afterwards? (Jeeeez sorry for so many question! I'm just curious)

I think I can answer all your questions with just one answer. Painted daisies are also called pyrethrum daisies and have nothing to do with actual paint, that's just their name. I am not so crazy as to paint something as small as seeds... at least not right now:)
 Here's a picture:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 07:39:04 PM by sunnydays914 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starveil101
« Reply #1143 on: April 30, 2008 07:56:47 PM »

LoL, I knew you guys would like a teaser! hehe! Grin  And of course I will have before and after shots!!  That is a must!

thekster, I'm soooo happy your flowers are still safe!!! lol, you should make a shirt saying 'save the flowers!'  Wink  I also love the photo album!  Very cute!  I kind of feel bad now, b/c my fiance is also graduating from college (on saturday actually) and I didn't even think about doing anything for him!! Hum,.. maybe I'll give him 'a million kisses coupon book' since he can finally pay attention to me!!! lol, actually.... he should give that coupon book to me since I didn't get paid attention to! lol, j/k.. he was busy in a book for our future being, and I get that- as annoying that may have been at times!  Now to Grad. school for him!!

Anyways, beautiful album!!  I like the blue ribbon idea, I guess finding the right shade that will look good too will be the best challenge, just don't stare at different blue colors all day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1144 on: April 30, 2008 08:19:42 PM »

haha Sunny, sorry, I don't have very much knowledge when it comes to flowers. I just know they're pretty and some smell good Smiley
Star - Hah I should make a shirt like that. Noooo one but the craftsters on this board and the people I told about my flowers would know what it meant hah. Or people would just think I'm like crazy eco-friendly. And thanks for liking the album Smiley I'll probably try to finish it off tomorrow after work. And don't feel bad; I only thought of it like 3 weeks before his graduation. I usually plan months ahead of time. If you wanted to make him a photo album, it's REALLY quick; locating the images, resizing and positioning them was the only thing that took any real time and that took maybe 30 minutes. Recovering the album didn't take that long. I put 40 pages in the book, so I think what will take the most time is putting all the pictures in. Besides, it's only Wednesday. Maybe with you and I (and anyone else) brainstorm quickly, we can think of something that you can throw together. Smiley Mind if I ask what your FH does for a living, or will do for a living?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

starveil101
« Reply #1145 on: April 30, 2008 08:37:34 PM »

lol, your right, it doesn't take that long for the album! He is graduating with a degree in biblical studies, minor-psychology and in grad school he will be going for his MDiv (masters of divinity), so, with that it will be somewhere in ministry.  He currently works with a team here in FL called Children's International Network that works w/ Bolivian orphan boys.  And he was working at the school's library, but that's not a continuing job... Oh, lol, this is soo cute, but this summer for just a job till he goes to Texas (for grad school) he wants to work with our tri-rail system (the train).  He told me that today, and he wants to see if he can get a job being the announcer for stops and when the doors open/close!  Aw!  I should give him a conductor's hat!

Actually, I was looking over in the paper making sections, and I really liked some of the books that people recreated/painted over.  I could totally use a book my dad is planning to throw out and paint really cool things in it/designs and put photos in the there of us!  lol, yes, you actually helped me w/o realizing you did. Thanx!  I actually might want to do that for our wedding guest signing book too, or something to that extent, that will take prep. and planning! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1146 on: April 30, 2008 08:43:11 PM »

I was thinking maybe you could make him one of those book holder things (like where they glue the pages together and hollow it out so you can store stuff in them) out of the Bible, but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to rip up the pages of a Bible. He probably would get upset by that so that's a stupid idea; nevermind. I hope he likes whatever you end up doing! And I'm glad I could help without realizing it haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starveil101
« Reply #1147 on: April 30, 2008 09:03:54 PM »

I was thinking maybe you could make him one of those book holder things (like where they glue the pages together and hollow it out so you can store stuff in them) out of the Bible, but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to rip up the pages of a Bible. He probably would get upset by that so that's a stupid idea; nevermind. I hope he likes whatever you end up doing! And I'm glad I could help without realizing it haha Smiley

You know what, when he was little (dunno how little when he did it), he actually made a hallowed out book for his safe keeping of money and one day he pulled out the book and there was that Ziploc bag with his money, lol it was so cute!  Anyways, that is actually a really cute idea!!  Hum... yeah, lol, I guess there should be some reverence for the bible, but in America we can get them anywhere, so, it's a bitter sweet idea, b/c we can craft it, and other countries will kill you if you have it,...so... I'll have to find an alternative for that, lol.  What probably would have to happen is take a book that could be 'bible-size' and create the outside to make it 'look' like a bible, then cut it up and won't feel bad about the sacredty of it!  See, you still had a brilliant idea, it just needed a twist!

I just came up with a cute honeymoon gift that a guy could totally give his bride!  Still on the subject of hallowed out books, it could say on the front something like "How to make your man happy..." or w/e, then they open it and it's lingerie that the guy stuck in there ahead of time!.. Alright, It's time for me to go to bed now lol.  Smiley (agh, why don't we have a sleeping emotican-sp? !)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: April 30, 2008 11:03:49 PM »

Kster: I know this is super late but HOORAY for rescued flowers! Cheesy

BTW, I totally thought the seeds would be painted too.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
thekster
« Reply #1149 on: May 01, 2008 11:15:32 AM »

Mishy - HOORAY indeed! And yay, I'm not the only one haha Smiley
Star - Other countries will kill you if you have the Bible, or if you have a hollowed out one? Man... I must be really sheltered. And I would like it if my guy gave me something like that haha. He says my wedding gift is the rings or the actual wedding Sad I hope he's just saying that so he can surprise me. *sad sad face*

Anyhoo, I took pictures of all the ribbons I could find for the book and I need opinions. Which one looks best? (BTW, number 2 is actually really really dark blue, not black.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...