A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
253 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 333252 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1130 on: April 29, 2008 07:30:12 AM »

the county clerk in the county we'll be getting married does ceremonies in her office for an additional $25 (on top of the license fee) - which would have made the total $85 to get married, if we wanted to go that direction Smiley

the officiants in that area are really expensive, too - we also found some up to $600, and granted that included premarital counseling sessions and personalization of the ceremony, and i think some extras like an archival quality copy of the marriage ceremony and certificate and etcetera....  but we're having a civil ceremony that will last all of ten minutes, and if an archival quality copy of anything is needed, we can just make or get one ourselves.  i wonder how much they added to their price for that. 

in the end, we have decided to have a friend ordained (for free!) and marry us, which i think is worth the savings.  i can't in good conscience pay someone $600 to be at my wedding for half an hour. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
sunnydays914
« Reply #1131 on: April 30, 2008 07:49:11 AM »

I've been working on wedding stuff nonstop this week while watching my little sisters and so I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped.
- I have peeled crayons to melt down into a star shaped crayon for the children's favors
- I mailed out checks to vendors
- I bought our grown up wedding favors at www.mainstreetseedsandsupply.com. The seeds are packaged in a small, clear poly bag with a custom label of our design which is...

The total for 150 packets was a little under $70 which fit the budget perfectly.
Tonight I want to melt down the crayons and complete the kids favors. We shall see if the little sister cooperates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 30, 2008 09:37:26 AM »

Your label is lovely!!

You're totally making progress -- have fun melting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
thekster
« Reply #1133 on: April 30, 2008 12:12:01 PM »

Star - Teasers are no fun! We want a pic of the whole thing! Smiley You are going to give us before-and-afters right???
Sunny - That the same one from your website, right? I love it; it's so pretty.

YAYYYY my flowers didn't get ruined!! They might smell slightly soda-y but otherwise they're fine. The bag they were in was incredibly sticky though. I've put them in a paper bag (cuz the plastic one kept tearing from the wires) and will take them home to my mom's for safekeeping until the wedding. And THIS time, I'll put them in the trunk like I should have before haha.
My wedding planning/crafting has pretty much come to a standstill. (Partly due to the fact that Mother's Day is coming up, AND my fiance's college graduation is coming up too. I'm crafting a better photo album for him in addition to other crap hah so I don't have time for grad and wedding crafts.) I need to finish the bout's but I need help cuz my mom says the lilies are too large for the bouts but I only have two types of flowers in my bouquet. Arrr.
Hah I'm watching some  special episode of a wedding show, after the vows, and this one lady said something about how you truly don't know some things about a person or their habits or their thought processes until after you get married, and that some things she loved about her husband before they were married really annoy her now. :/  Probably one of the reasons there are so many divorces nowadays. Sad sad sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sunnydays914
« Reply #1134 on: April 30, 2008 12:35:11 PM »

YAYYYY my flowers didn't get ruined!!

YAYAYAYAYAY! That would have been awful and terrible and a million other things.

I forgot to mention that the favors for the adults (I've been avoiding the phrase "adult favors" because it sounds a little more pg-13 than I intend Smiley) are going to be painted daisy seeds. Yay pretty flowers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1135 on: April 30, 2008 03:12:22 PM »

Sunny - yep I'm really glad the flowers are fine.
When I first read "adult favors" I wondered if you were passing around naughty toys or something haha Wink Daisy seeds aren't very large, are they? When you say painted, do you mean with a picture or just a solid color? Will you be doing it yourself? That seems like a LOTTTT of work, assuming there will be at least a few in each package. Can you still plant them afterwards? (Jeeeez sorry for so many question! I'm just curious)

Instead of making my FH an album for his graduation, I think I'll actually make it as a wedding present so I can include wedding pictures in it. Originally, I was just going to make it be big events in his/our life, but I don't have too many pictures of us from major events. Soooo I'm just putting random pictures in there, but also a couple from right after we got engaged, some at his prom, some at mine, some from his hs grad, and there will eventually be pics from college grad and the wedding.  I'm making absolutely positive I get a lot from his grad this time around. I think I'll present it to him after graduation, but it'll have a page in it that says "To be continued..." so I can include the wedding pics later. (Speaking of, I may have REALLY good news about a photographer, but I'll keep it to myself for now so I don't jinx it!) I wonder if I'm still allowed to post it in the wedding board if it's part grad part wedding gift...
I'm going to go to my mom's house to get some clear contact paper to cover it so it doesn't get ruined too quickly, and then I'll post pics (if I'm allowed, I suppose)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

thekster
« Reply #1136 on: April 30, 2008 05:12:40 PM »

Finished quickly! (Well, the outside anyways.)
I didn't make this from scratch; I bought like 5 from the dollar store, ripped out the spiraly insides, and combined the pages. There were only 8 pages in each one, which I felt wasn't enough. I made front and back pages out of two pieces of cardstock glued together to attach the book and the pages together. Here's what it looked like before - waaaay too girly for my FH.

Annnnd after -

Nothing super fancy or anything; I threw the front image together in about 5 minutes hah. I was considering putting a blue (his fave colors) black or white ribbon around the top edge (where the spine ends and the cover begins) because there's a tiny gap with a little bit of adhesive sticking out, but I think the ribbon may be too girly and it's not that noticeable. What do you guys and gals think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1137 on: April 30, 2008 05:51:39 PM »

that's so cute Cheesy  i think a super thin ribbon along the black edge would give a little oomph though Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1138 on: April 30, 2008 05:58:12 PM »

You don't think it would be too girly? Do you think I should have it be black, white, or blue? Blue may be kinda hard cuz I don't know what shade is his fave. I feel like the ribbon wouldn't stay very well or for very long because the spine is wonky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1139 on: April 30, 2008 06:23:49 PM »

i think blue or white would be good for the contrast... maybe it'd stay if you hot glued it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...