A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 332632 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
march
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2007 02:15:27 PM »

I went to a wedding two summers ago that was outdoors. It rained all day. Then it stopped for about 30 minutes, which was just enough time to get everyone outside, get married, and get everyone back in.

I'm actually hoping for precipitation! Snow, that is. Although, if next winter is anything like this one in Vermont I"m going to be very disappointed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_goldielocks
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2007 09:08:10 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this board FOREVER, ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over everyone's wonderful wedding things. I'm not getting married for a year and a half, but my fiance and I are doing a lot of the things ourselves, just to make the whole day more personal. We've already started working on some things just to make things less rushed later, so that we can enjoy the whole preparation part and then not get crazy once  the big day nears.
We booked our wedding site today. It's this big, vintage, restored warehouse with huge rafted ceilings and enormous long windows all over. It's back in this forest with a courtyard behind it, with a gazebo. The ceremony will be outside and the reception will be inside. It's going to be really nice (hopefully)-- I'll be sure to post pictures the next time we go visit it.
I got really lucky because I'm from a "wedding" family. My one aunt is a wedding cake designer, so she's doing our cake. My other aunt is a caterer and wedding gown designer. She's catering the whole event, but I didn't ask her to make any dresses. She is, however, doing all of the bridal party alterations.
So, for starters, here's our gigantic list of to-do's (yes we know it's a lot):
Etched wine glasses (for water) for each place setting
Personalized "glasses" for the kids table
Centerpieces
Save the Date Magnets (Engagement pictures for these scheduled for April)
Invitations & RSVP cards
Personalized bridal party toasting glasses
Website
Table number things, in frames
Place card votives
Place cards
Cocktail Menus
Menu cards
Ring bearer's pillow
Flower girls' baskets
Photo board (courtesy of my mom.)
guestbook
aisle runner
fan programs
water bottle labels
newsletters
bathroom baskets
rehearsal dinner invitations
memory candles
rehearsal dinner centerpieces (courtesy of the fiance)
"reserved" cards for family and friends seating
monogram overlay for cake table
thank you cards
cake topper (just decorating a monogram one)
seating chart
favors (we're doing a take off of a martha project. we're getting plain white chinese take-out boxes, decorating them with our monogrammed labels, tags, and ribbon, and filling them with fresh strawberries and my mom's homemade cookies/candies. the original martha link is: http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=channel650011&catid=cat449&navLevel=3&site=weddings)

SORRY for the super long post-- I've been so excited to finally post my own wedding stuff on here after envying everyone else's! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2007 09:42:06 PM »

Don't you dare apologize for a long post!  I'm glad you posted to share!!

MY, what a list you have!

How many are you inviting?  I couldn't imagine etching wine glasses in any large amount... gah!  I'd go crazy. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
_goldielocks
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2007 05:38:20 AM »

We're having around 185-200 people, so... etching the glasses is going to take some time! We have to order a custom stencil, and the boy is doing the majority of the etching just because he's a little better at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2007 12:08:01 PM »

Wowie, that's a lot of etching. Cheesy  Can't wait to see photos!  What are you going to etch on them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
_goldielocks
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2007 07:53:40 AM »

We're going to order a custom stencil with our names and the date and such on it. We've already begun buying out all of the glasses that we're using at the Dollar Tree every time we're around one! Haha... they think we're crazy, coming in for boxes and boxes of glasses, but hey-- it doesn't get much better than $1 per glass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
march
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2007 01:42:28 PM »

Yeah, the Dollar Tree has been a life saver for me! I bought 20 boxes of snowflake bells for my wedding from there. (We can't throw stuff in the mansion, so we'll be "ringing" in our wedding w/ bells)

You can actually special order stuff from there, and I think that depending on the quantities they might cut you a deal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_goldielocks
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2007 04:41:26 AM »

Ooo I didn't know you could custom order from them. Thank you, march! I'll be sure to take advantage of that!! Smiley And I think that wedding bells are cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
march
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2007 08:13:06 AM »

Has anyone ever made this CD cover?

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_hcc2c/article/0,3110,DIY_27284_4938540,00.html

I think I'm going to try it out this weekend. Now, it's off to find out what the heck chipboard is.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2007 08:44:25 AM »

Chipboard is a heavy stock paper. Usually about 1/16" thick. It's generally brown [like a paper bag] and it's kind of like the plywood of paper [in that it's made up of layers all stuck together]. Check at an art supply store. I have probably used my weight in chipboard making architectural models. Also, it's probably going to be easier to cut with an exacto knife than with a pair of scissors, although if you're not good with an exacto knife, the scissors may be easier to make the circle with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...