A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
276 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Shower!!!  (Read 3213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2006 11:15:07 PM »

I'm helping my friend's mom plan a babyshower for my pregnant friend....here's where you guys come in.

She's having a boy, so the theme colors are baby blue, yellow, and green.
I guess she found some really cute zoo stuffed animals. I think she found a giraffe and a hippo and something else..I forget. The point is that the shower is kind of based off of these cute little stuffed animals. Mainly the blue hippo.

I need your help with ideas for decorations, food, games, and other baby shower type things.

I haven't really discussed with her the types of things that she wants going on, we'll be meeting in the next week or so. I'd just like some good foundational ideas that I can put to good use. Thanks everyone, you are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006 07:59:40 AM »

Come on, guys. This has been read 84 times and nothing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
apixiegrl
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006 08:13:26 AM »

I gave a baby shower quite a few years back and i bought a baby shower planner book. It had games and theme  ideas and keepsakes for the mother to be. I know that doesn't help much.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006 02:44:05 PM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patsyjo
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006 01:02:29 PM »

check out Marth Stewart's webpage

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?ype=content&id=channel3900355&site=kids&_requestid=149653

Yes, the ideas are a little Yuppie, but this will get you started. . .

I really like the idea on her website about having guests use a fabric pen to write their initials on small squares of fabric. Then someone embroiders the initials and sews it all up into a quilt!

My sister told me about a cool game where in the invitations you ask your guests to bring a picture of themselves when they were a baby. Then you have to guess who the pictures are all of, whomever guesses the most right wins a prize! Fun to see pics of other people when they were little.

You definitely need to get one of those books, or check out www.babyshower101.com. Have you considered using a digital camera to take pics of the stuffed animals to create your invitations? You can attach vellum with a ribbon to the stomach of the animal picture to display all the necessary invitation information. Then maybe make cupcakes to match the animals using candies and what not, martha's idea. . .

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiaBlaze
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006 05:56:42 PM »

See, now I'm the expert in this department!

I've thrown a bunch of baby showers, and below is a list of things I've done. All of them can be personalized with the hippo theme...

For one shower, the mom and dad were both big wine people (obvoiusly not while she was pregnant). I did a co-ed brunch, so there were no games, just gambling. I did a calendar with "guess the birth date" on it- people made bets, the winner got a $10.00 lotto ticket upon baby's birth. The gifts for the guests were bags filled with, 1- a business card with "Kari's baby shower" on it. On the cards, I inserted four handmade wine charms- with baby things hanging from them (purchased on ebay) and matching beads. They were a HUGE hits! We STILL get notes about people using those and thinking of us. I also included a candle with a poem about when she goes into labor, each person should light the candle for her, sending good thoughts, wishes or prayers.

In the following one, I did a rubber ducky theme. The people who were attending were mostly older women, family members, so I did spa like stuff. I did bags filled with bath salts (I made them), sachets with lavender or roses, ducky soaps with the same scents, and a tea bag. The tea bag was in a matchbook style package, that I made. The bath salts were in fillable baby bottle jars. The sachets had embroidered duckies on one side and "Katy's Baby Shower 4/13/05" on the other. I also did a brunch, serving quiche, grilled sandwiches that were quarted and served hot, as well as cream soups (tomato and butternut squash). I used the old 1950's luncheon sets you can pick up in an antique store for a couple bucks a set- the plate with cup. The soups were served in the cups, and the plates held the quiche and sandwiches.

So- here's what I would do...

figure out these things-
co-ed shower? If so, stay away from the games and remember the guys!
older or younger people attending? Make gifts and food for that generation

These things are more for the guests in my opinion than for the mom-to be. For her are loads of presents. Payment for those presents is a good time at a party.

Make sense?

Email if you questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Addicted to Soap
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006 09:04:57 AM »

hey mia how did you make the tea bags i am looking to make those myself for a friends baby shower
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.magdoline.com Everything about my life.
www.addictedtosoap.com Everything about soap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...