A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 321,363
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone interested in learning to Silk Screen in Vancouver???  (Read 1393 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

heart-on

What are you doing you cheeky monkey!!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2006 10:27:21 PM »

Hey guys and gals!!
I just wanted to give all you Vancouverites a heads up, I have just taken a couple classes at Blim, which is located at #197 East 17th @ Main and I had such an awesome experience learning to silk screen. It's a really laid back artsy atmosphere and I thoroughly recommend it for any one looking to get into silk screening. Hope you all enjoy and get back to me if you have questions.

PS they are just closed for a little spring cleaning but will be back and running May 1st
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nashira
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006 12:02:10 PM »

Wow... that's super close to my house and I had no idea it was there! I would totally be into learning silk screening... in fact I have two screen and some ink my dad bought me when I mentioned my interest a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I realized I just didn't have the space in my home at the time and packed it all away. I think it's time I pulled it all out and dusted it off!

About how much was the program, and how long did it run? Also, what method of stencil making are they teaching?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heart-on

What are you doing you cheeky monkey!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006 09:49:14 PM »

Hey Nashira
sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you I've been a little swamped lately. Well it's only like a 3 hour class and it teaches you how to build the screen and I think it was like $30 or $40 I can't remember and then if you want to learn more about actually applying the emulsion and everything you just take another class about the same length and I think it's around the same price but it is definately worth looking into. If you are still interested I would suggest checking out there site. Hope you the enjoy the classes as much as I did!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...