A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
136 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decoupage paper  (Read 4241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Subversive

Living in hope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006 05:50:05 AM »

As for the artists medium gel, I've used it before but I was wondering if they made it in finishes besides matte (I haven't seen it before) because for a lot of my projects I like a glossier finish. 

Golden does, I assume Liquitex does too.

Along the same lines, I picked up a jar of "Aleene's Instant Decoupage Glue Sealer & Finish" recently and am using it on a project where I previously used ModPodge - so far it seems to be very similar, maybe a bit thinner than MP, but takes a while to dry (of course, I was using it pretty thickly, too.)  It's priced similarly to ModPodge and comes in both matte and gloss finishes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Capultum habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad caput tuum saxem mittam.  (Translation:  I have a catapult.  Give me all your money or Ill fling enormous rocks at your head.)
Ayms
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006 06:25:42 AM »

I went to Michael's last night and apparently they are in cahoots with Mod Podge because they don't carry Liquitex or Golden. I'm going to venture out to Hobby Lobby this weekend... I'm sure they have a larger selection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006 06:47:22 AM »

I went to Michael's last night and apparently they are in cahoots with Mod Podge because they don't carry Liquitex or Golden. I'm going to venture out to Hobby Lobby this weekend... I'm sure they have a larger selection.

Did you look in the section with the oil paints & brushes? That's where my Michael's keeps it...not with the decoupage stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
thiticalcrinking
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006 09:17:57 PM »

Yeah, my local Michael's carries Liquitex (they have a crappy Golden selection though) and its on the other side of the store from the Modge Podge in the paint section (like canvases and oil paints and stuff).

So I'm assuming the Aleene's stuff is tacky after it's dry also like Modge Podge?

Also, the artists medium gel says it is waterproof when it is dry, but from my experience it isn't since if you drop water on it it turns that cloudy white color and is slightly tacky like modge podge.  I still have to use acrylic spray sealer on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...