A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Memory Organizer  (Read 825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
caffeine_fiend
« on: August 22, 2006 06:26:40 PM »

Okay, I am moving out soon (within the next year). So I want to start organizing everything. One thing I have a problem with is photos and memory items (IE: notes, dried flowers, birthday cards, etc). I have quite an abundance of them. I have gone through them over and over again getting rid of everything I can dare, and thinking of every possible solution to organize them in a way where they are functional (easily viewable) and attractive (cute, compact).
I have tried scrapbooking but first I have too much, and second they get big fast. Plus I want something I can see things before opening it (if thats the way I go).
I hope some of this is making sense. I am just at a loss and this seemed the closest thread to answer my question. Any and all help is MORE than appreciated. Thanks!!!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 04:12:50 PM »

I'm not really grasping quite what you want so forgive me if I'm way off base with these suggestions.

I would try getting a 3 ring binder and some plastic protectors. Full sheet size all the way down to business card holder size. You'd have a full range of organized flowers,cards, photos and such you could look at. Put in dividers or have several binders.

Or I would just go to walmart and buy small clear stackable boxes...

I hope I helped some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 05:18:27 PM »

for the dried flowers, you can do dried flower arrangements. I have dead roses lining the top of my entertainment center by my cd player. it's a lovely touch.

I have all my notes in a box, so they're really not all that out in the open but I have four shoe boxes on the side of my room with notes in them. You can decorate the boxes so they're cute and classy... I have yet to do that. Granted, you'd have to open them to look at the notes, but it's a good way to organize them.

You could make a "photo wall" and put up all the pictures with double sided tape as a mural type thing for your wall once you move out. You could also put up cards and stuff that reminds you of the time the photo was taken. (Like pictures of your birthday party next to the cards you got that year). Or buy tons and tons and tons of photo frames and make a cool wall with them... but that could get expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...