A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clueless!  (Read 1309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
wensdai
« on: August 15, 2006 02:54:31 AM »

For mine and my SOs 1 year anniversary I'm going to make him a scrap book. It'll be my first one, so I'm starting from scrap.
After reading a few of the other posts I've noticed people mentioning "page protectors". Are these just those plastic sleeves you put in binders, or are they different? I'm not sure if I like the idea of my pages being covered in plastic, so would it be possible for me to just cover the photos and leave the rest of the page au-natural?
Also I've heard mention of "cardstock". What is this? I live in Australia so there aren't stores around like jo-anns and I'm thinking maybe I just either haven't heard of cardstock, or it's called something else. A description would be great Smiley

~Wensdai
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006 09:23:30 AM »

page protectors are ususaly just those plastic page cover thinggies. They are ugly, but the nice ones are very see through, and barely noticable. i use the cheap ugly ones, and just take them out when showing off. They dont just protect the pages though, they keep the pages in the book. If you just 3 hole punch the pages to put them in the book, the paper will rip quickly.

cardstock is basicaly just archival quality (usualy anyways...) heavy, heavy, sturdy paper. Also, carstock usualy has color all the way through, instead of just printed on the top. I dont know if thats always or not. all mine is. Which matters if your ripping it or something, i guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wensdai
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006 04:53:23 AM »

Ok, thanks Smiley I'm actually binding the pages together myself, and not using a pre-made book/folder. Hopefully it works. If not, I'll think of something!

~Wensdai
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006 05:05:27 AM »

Just make sure if you're binding it yourself, use acid free paper, or the photos will get ruined after a time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...