A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mother's Day 2006 KAL  (Read 4664 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2006 01:07:30 PM »

So, Mother's Day is rapidly approaching and I decided that I would like to try and knit my mom something. Of course, I am really bad with deadlines (I never did start my Knitting Olympics project!) so who knows when she will actually get it, but dammit, I'm going to try. I started another Clapotis, frogged it, and decided to do this one: http://www.candis.co.uk/mediastore/FILES/100646.pdf

But that may change! I did cast on last night and after much confusion about yarn forwards, frogged and cast on again. I'm using some HPY.com yarn, double stranded, that I bought from someone destashing last year; it's pretty, with red & orange & brown. My mom's colors. So  I think I have it figured out now.  Someone please KAL with me! I am sure I'm not the only one making something for mom's day (for any mom, not just your own!)! 

Mother's Day is 5-14 this year BTW  Grin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006 05:15:34 PM by cinimonstk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
sosidegal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006 01:21:59 PM »

that is so pretty and for some reason it never even dawned on me to knit something for mother's day this year.  I would love to loin you but it is not her style but I may make for someone else.  I will check back in soon.  Good Luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brook Smiley
check me out at http://sosidegal.blogspot.com/
rachillsk8
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006 02:52:04 PM »

I'm making my mom a modified Tubey from Knitty (in cotton with 3/4 sleeves) out of Knit Picks Shine Worsted in a purple color.  I'm also going to make a Clapotis for my 2nd cousin, whose two children were killed last October.  I'm doing it in Knit Picks gossamer carribean, since blue and green were their favorite colors Sad  (Not really a mothers day gift, but more like doing what I can to try and help her through what'll be a hard day.)  And a Print of the Wave stole in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Stream for my grandma...wow, I'm going to be pretty busy!!!!

I'm thinking my yarn should all arrive by Monday.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006 02:57:21 PM by rachillsk8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

InkKitten
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006 03:23:40 PM »

wow . . .  Embarrassed  .. screw knitting for my mother, rachillsk8, i feel like knitting for your friend too. how terrible.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006 03:52:56 PM »

Considering that I've already started knitting my mother's birthday/mother's day present, I think I'll join this. Peer pressure can be a great source of motivation when one is knitting their third f*^%ing Butterfly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006 05:17:13 PM »

YAY! I'm so excited. I've never started a KAL before...guess that means that I have to do this. Peer pressure baby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006 11:57:05 PM »

I'm in Allie!  Cheesy

My mother died in 2001, but my husband's mother has been like a mother to me, and she was just diagnosed with breast cancer this week, and is going to lose her left breast.  Cry

So I decided I wanted to make her a shawl for Mother's Day. I have two skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine that my swap partner sent me, and I would like to use that, because she likes that color, I think (I have to make sure) and it will keep her warm- she is cold all the time now. I just have to find a shawl pattern that is pretty and in worsted weight yarn- anybody have suggestions- not Clapotis, please, I am Clappied out, lol.

This was a great idea Allie!!!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caffeine_radar
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006 09:49:57 PM »

Once I decide what I'm going to make her... I'll totally be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006 01:34:31 PM »

I decided to "make up" a shawl pattern, using a simple lace repeat, with Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine and US 8 (5 mm) needles.

The lace pattern is:

Multiple of 8 stitches plus 1 (So I cast on 89 sts)
Row 1: K1 *YO, K2, SL 1, K2TOG, PSSO, K2, YO, K1 repeat from * across row.
Row 2: Purl.

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for pattern stitch.

So I am just going to do that until its long enough!

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006 04:13:25 PM »

I'm so in! Considering my mom asked me (did i say asked? i mean begged and even bought the yarn) for a lacey shawl made with Lion Brand Trellis yarn for Christmas and well....it never got done so Mother's Day I'm giving her that and another one thought I haven't picked out a pattern yet (maybe this clapotis i'm working on) I need to do something for my MIL but she doesn't ever appreciate my knitting....lovely woman though. And then of course...making something for myself counts right? I have 2 boys! hehehe....j/k I think my mom and my MIL will keep me busy enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Wooden Spoons
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...