A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,811
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Greedo the Bounty Hunter Toothbrush Holder. Star Wars Geek Houseware!  (Read 5750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

hko
« on: April 06, 2006 09:37:18 PM »

I came across this "spring cleaning" the other day...(here's the story...)
I made this as a birthday present for my now-husband a few years back. We were going through this Star Wars geek phase.  I was so excited when I found it because I hadn't seen it in awhile...We took it out of our bathroom because with arrival of dog & baby..it was getting knocked around. Now that it has resurfaced, I realize we all have electric toothbrushes which can no longer be accommodated by Greedo's bulbous head.

I used to have access to a kiln, so it is just hand-built clay, then kiln fired and glazed.
Thanks for letting me share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006 09:47:19 PM »

I'm a little disoriented 'cause my husband just screamed into my ear "That is so freakin' cool!"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Elizabeth Ingrid
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006 07:19:47 PM »

That is too funny!  Love it.  Greedo was my favorite action figure when I was little so I was pleased as punch to find out that he was played by a woman.  I actually have a bigger figure of him in my freezer now, guarding my ice cubes.  If you have any more Greedo art, please send it our way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006 09:53:26 PM »

I live with a star wars geek (and trekkie, and every other damn sci fi movie/concept out there), so I click on links with sci fi themes to give him a thrill (yes, dear, I am on my crafting site ignoring you but I'm looking at star wars stuff so its really about you, dear) and your amazing Greedo pops up (I don't know who Greedo is) and my husband yells "That's awesome!" and does a little plotting as to how to get us a alien headed toothbrush holder when I scroll down to:
I'm a little disoriented 'cause my husband just screamed into my ear "That is so freakin' cool!" 

and I know I'm not alone.

So, when I end up with Greedo themed bathroom accessories I am blaming you, hko.
(and I gotta get around to watching these movies!)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006 01:59:03 PM by vegbee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whaam
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006 02:34:52 AM »

very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elizabeth Ingrid
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006 04:44:58 PM »

I wasn't kidding about loving the little green fellow.  And I hadn't thought about a certain Christmas card I sent out 10 years ago until I saw your dreamy toothbrush holder.  So I scanned it in and here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19744318@N00/127183657/

P.S.  My boyfriend also flipped over your bathroom art!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006 07:19:12 AM by Elizabeth Ingrid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethz0r
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006 10:04:04 AM »

That is awesome. >.<
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hko
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006 12:27:22 PM »

Thanks for all the fun comments! 

Elizabeth Ingrid - that Christmas card is great!  I don't have any other Greedo Housewares, but i dressed up as Greedo for a "Star Wars" themed birthday party once. I had green pig-tails for "ears" and huge round black sunglasses for eyes...green track suit...kind of weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zephyr
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006 06:19:08 PM »

lol I love it <333 too awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006 02:38:24 PM »

Love it; such a brilliantly random way to hold toothbrushes!
One question though, when you put it in the kiln did Jabba pop into your head and say "Why did you fry poor Greedo?"  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Fabric Beads
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Quilted Scissors Cozy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Brigaderios

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...